Last Updated: 21 May 2016
As an independent website, Land Transport Guru bears no affiliation with any Public Transport Operator (such as SBS Transit Ltd, SMRT Buses Ltd, Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd, Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd), nor with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore. Any complaints or feedback regarding services provided by them should be directed to the relevant official feedback channels.
A: Terms and Conditions
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between you and Land Transport Guru regarding your use of the Land Transport Guru website. By using the Land Transport Guru website, you are entering into this Agreement with Land Transport Guru and indicating that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not use the Service.
- Description of Service. Land Transport Guru website (“Service”) is the a free service from Land Transport Guru (the “Content Provider”) that offers articles about Public Transportation. You understand and agree that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. The Content Provider disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. The Content Provider also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
- Proper Use. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (a) use the service to harass other users; (b) prevent others from using the Service; (c) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose. Any violation of the above may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to legal consequences. The Company reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Accuracy, Completeness and Timeliness of Information. We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
- Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LAND TRANSPORT GURU BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SERVICE WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LAND TRANSPORT GURU BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR SERVICES RENDERED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Refusal of service; Termination; Suspension. The Content Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse, suspend, or terminate the Service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Content Provider, and its employees, agents and representatives, from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature.
- Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release, and waive all claims against Land Transport Guru and its employees and agents from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising out of or in any way connected with use of the Service.
- Modifications to the Agreement. The Company shall have the right to modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. The new agreement shall be effective immediately.
- Exercise. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Choice of Law; Jurisdiction. This agreement, shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, where this website is hosted at.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Land Transport Guru and you with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Data We Collect
At Land Transport Guru, the only piece of personal information that we collect is your e-mail address, when you subscribe to our mailing list or make a comment on our website. Your e-mail address will never be disclosed to a third party company.
In addition, we use third party software, installed on the site, that collects personal and/or non personal information.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
By setting a cookie on the Land Transport Guru website, users will not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on the site’s discussion areas. We store a cookie on each user’s machine that contains a username and encrypted password. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Land Transport Guru products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, not all Land Transport Guru services require that you accept cookies.
3rd party Cookies
Land Transport Guru utilises third-party software for statistics on our website usage, advertising and for social media plugin functionality. A list of these and their relevant privacy policies are listed below:
- Google Analytics. We use this for general website statistics.
- Google Doubleclick for Publishers. Land Transport Guru utilises this software for rendering its advertising. http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- Facebook. Like buttons, and other useful plugins are used here. http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Twitter. Tweet buttons are loaded from Twitter. http://twitter.com/privacy
In order to enhance their use of the Land Transport Guru website, users can choose to leave comments on particular articles of interest. Commenters may register anonymously. However, if a third party complains that a comment breaches our Terms of Service (e.g. libels them), then in accordance with our Terms, we will make reasonable efforts to contact the commenter and alert them to the situation. If we are required by law to disclose commenters’ contact information, we will attempt to contact commenters to give them the opportunity to respond to such requests.
We want to hear your opinions and knowledge, so please leave a comment. Occasionally we may need to remove comments from the site: either for legal reasons that could get us and you sued (e.g. contempt of court, defamation) or if a comment falls outside the realm of civilised debate (e.g. abuse, offensive or inciting hatred). Our decision is final.
Land Transport Guru has launched a mailing list for the Land Transport Guru website, in order to provide subscribers with relevant information — breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. In order to sign up to receive regular emails from a site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid email address and potentially demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organisation.
Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site. Most of the time, these will be content from the site in question, but we may occasionally send out an email from a third party sponsor. This will be infrequent, and does not represent an endorsement by Land Transport Guru of any products advertised therein. It will clearly be marked as advertising: please check it out, as we hope you will feel that it is relevant to you. Since editorial independence is critical to us, you can be sure that we will never send out a sponsored email in the guise of a glowing product review. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, please do not sign up for the mailing list.
Third Party Links, Websites and Services
The Websites contain links to websites and content operated by third parties. Such links do not mean or imply that Land Transport Guru endorses, recommends, sponsors, or otherwise has any affiliation or relationship with any third party, and no affiliation or relationship should be presumed. Land Transport Guru does not control and is not responsible for any aspect of such websites and content.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyse user movement.
In the event Land Transport Guru goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, Land Transport Guru may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on any of the Land Transport Guru website.
Notification of Changes
If you would like to complain about anything on, or any of our other assets, please email with the subject line ‘Complaint’.