Go-Ahead Express Bus Service 12e is a Limited Stop route variant of Service 12, plying between Pasir Ris and Kampong Bahru at selected hours daily. It passes through Tampines, Simei, Bedok South, Bugis and Chinatown, skipping the East Coast, Mountbatten and Kallang areas.
The bus service only calls at selected bus stops along its parent route. Along with Service 147e, both new services were introduced on Sunday, 28 January 2018.
Express 12e will be suspended from 15 Sep 2021 due to the impact of COVID-19 on available manpower.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Tampines, Simei, Bedok South, Bugis, Chinatown|
|Route Length||Towards Kampong Bahru: 26.0 km||Towards Pasir Ris: 25.6 km
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
|06:00 – 18:30|
|Departure Times from Kampong Bahru
|12:30 – 23:30|
|From Pasir Ris||30 mins|
|From Kampong Bahru||30 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Bus Service 12e is a Limited-stop Express Bus Service which offers quicker journeys for commuters at Tampines, Simei, and Bedok South, linking them with the Central areas of Bugis. Operating during selected hours in the day, it only calls at selected bus stops served by its parent Bus Service 12, and charges Express Fares as a result.
In between Bedok South and Bugis, the bus plies an express sector along the East Coast Parkway (ECP) in both directions. The route operates daily at 30-minute intervals.
Service 12e is the second new route to be introduced under the Bus Contracting Model (BCM) after Service 110, as well as the first limited-stop service to operate daily (since 188R and 963R only operate on Weekends and PHs). The use of the lowercase e as the service suffix has its origins from Fast-Forward services introduced by SBS Transit in 2005, which are limited-stop services operating only during the peak hours.
Along with several other express services, operating hours for Express 12e was revised from 9 February 2020. Trips from Pasir Ris Bus Interchange will operate till 6:30pm, while trips from Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal only start operations at 12:30pm.
The service was degraded further from 4 January 2021, with the frequency adjusted to be 30 minutes throughout operating hours daily instead of 20 minutes during weekday peak hours.
- Service 12: Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal
MRT Stations Served:
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- DT33 Tampines East
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- 2018 – Present: Go-Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2018 (28 Jan): Introduced between Pasir Ris Int and New Bridge Rd Ter, operating daily. Wheelchair accessible at launch.
- 2018 (10 Mar): Extended to Kg Bahru Ter with the closure of New Bridge Rd Ter
- 2019 (27 Jan): Serves a pair of additional bus stops outside and opposite Eastern Lagoon II along Bedok South Ave 1, an additional bus stop outside Bugis Stn Exit D along Rochor Rd and 2 additional bus stops outside Golden Landmark and outside Duo Residences along Ophir Rd
- 2020 (09 Feb): Revised to operate in the mornings and afternoons (towards Kampong Bahru) and afternoons and evenings (towards Pasir Ris) daily
- 2020 (15 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures
- 2021 (15 Sep onward): Temporarily suspended due to the impact of COVID-19 on available manpower