Tower Transit Bus Service 177 is a peak-hour trunk route operating from Bukit Batok and looping at Bukit Panjang, passing through Hillview, MINDEF (Gombak Hill) and Upper Bukit Timah.
↺ Jelebu Rd (Loop)
- Bus Service 177 towards both Bukit Panjang (Jelebu Rd) and Bukit Batok calls at MINDEF CP along Gombak Drive. Check the bus destination before boarding.
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↺ Jelebu Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Hillview Ave, Gombak Dr, Upp Bt Timah Rd, Bt Panjang Rd|
|Route Length||11.7 km|
|Travelling Time||47 – 51 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
||Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
|05:50 – 08:40 & 16:20 – 18:20|
|Loop Service||14 – 15 mins||13 – 15 mins||13 – 14 mins||N.A.|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 177 is a weekday peak-hour inter-town route connecting Bukit Batok, Hillview and Bukit Panjang, as well as providing bus connections to Ministry of Defence Headquarters (MINDEF HQ @ Gombak Drive) and its surrounding army camps. Formerly a full-day service, it now only operates during weekday peak hours with moderate demand. In 2012, this route was converted from bidirectional operation to unidirectional operation, looping at Jelebu Road when the former Bukit Panjang Interchange was demolished to make way for the new Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub.
Service 177 calls at MINDEF CP, Gombak Dr both towards Jelebu Rd (Bukit Panjang) and Bukit Batok.
Temporary Amendment to skip Hillview Link
Hillview Link was temporarily closed from 23 November 2020 to facilitate the construction of NS Hub. As a result, Service 177 is temporarily amended to ply an express sector along Hillview Rd and Upper Bukit Timah Rd (between Hillview Rd & Gombak Dr).
There is no change in bus stops served for Service 177.
At Hillview Avenue, buses towards Bukit Panjang serve Bus Stop 43151 – Opp Glendale Pk Condo, while buses towards Bukit Batok serve Bus Stop 43159 – Bef Glendale Pk Condo. In addition, only buses towards Bukit Batok will serve Bus Stop 43721 – Blk 319 along Gombak Drive.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
Departure Times from Bukit Batok Int
- Weekdays (Except Public Holidays):
Morning Peak Hours: 05:50, 06:04, 06:18, 06:32, 06:46, 07:00, 07:14, 07:28, 07:42, 07:56, 08:10, 08:25 & 08:40
Evening Peak Hours: 16:20, 16:33, 16:46, 16:59, 17:12, 17:25, 17:38, 17:52, 18:06 & 18:20
Gallery (Tower Transit)
Gallery (SMRT Buses):
- 1989 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 27 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 30 May 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1989 (26 Apr): Introduced between MINDEF Car Park and Hillview Rd (Loop) as a peak hour service on weekdays and Saturdays only.
- 1990 (10 Mar): Extended to start from Bt Batok Int and extended to loop at Bt Panjang Ter
- 1995 (02 Jul): Operations transferred to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to at Bt Panjang Int
- 2004 (25 Sep): No longer operates on Saturdays
- 2005: Serves new bus stop outside Hillington Green Condo along Hillview Ave, skipping the bus stop outside Hillview Heights
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to loop at Jelebu Road with the closure of Bt Panjang Int
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore
- 2016 (13 Jun): Morning Peak operating hours extended to start at 05:50 instead of 06:00 from Bukit Batok Int.
- 2017 (04 Sep): Serves the bus stop outside Blk 180 along Jelebu Rd, skipping the bus stop outside Bt Panjang Plaza
- 2020 (23 Nov): Temporarily amended to skip Hillview Link, plying an express sector on Hillview Rd & Upp Bt Timah Rd to facilitate the construction of NS Hub