- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1997 (05 May): Introduced as Express 503, unidirectional peak-hour service:
Tampines Int – Temasek Ave (AM Peak); Anson Rd – Tampines Int (PM Peak)
- 1999 (Sep): Renumbered Express 505, Pasir Ris Int – Jln Bukit Merah/Telok Blangah Rd (Loop)
- 2000 (Sep): Renumbered Express 518, operating as Pasir Ris Int ↺ Marina Ctr via Orchard Rd
- 2005 (26 Dec): Extended to ply Pasir Ris Drive 12. During peak hours, Service 518 will cease operaing and be replaced with two new route variants 518A and 518B, each serving different parts of Service 518’s estern catchment as such:
– 518A: Pasir Ris Int to Loyang Ave → Marina Centre (Loop)
– 518B: Tampines Ave 7 to Tampines Ave 1 → Marina Centre (Loop).
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to serve the Bayfront areas. Service 518A amended to AM Peak unidirectional service terminating at Bayfront Ave, Service 518B withdrawn on the same day. Service 518 to operate during peak hours to cover Service 518B.
- 2012 (29 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (25 Aug) Double-decker Volvo B9TL Wright buses added.
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2016 (23 Sep): Route amended to ply via KPE & PIE on its return journey.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station and a new bus stop at Bedok North MRT Station.
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2016.
Pages: 1 2