Tower Transit Bus Service 66 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Jurong East, passing through Bedok Reservoir, Ubi, MacPherson Estate, Boon Keng, Little India, Bukit Timah and Bukit Batok. Spanning East to West, the route stretches to around 33 kilometres with no express sectors, with an off-peak journey time of around 2 hours.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bedok Reservoir, Ubi, MacPherson Estate, Boon Keng, Little India, Bukit Timah Rd (Newton, Botanic Gardens, Beauty World), Bukit Batok, Jurong Town Hall Rd|
|Route Length||33.0km (D1) | 32.6km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||105 – 150 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– MAN NL323F
– Yutong E12
|Departure Times from Bedok||0530 – 2300 (Weekdays)
0545 – 2300 (Saturdays)
0600 – 2300 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0530 – 2300 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2300 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630 – 0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 17 mins
1700 – 1900: 12 – 16 mins
After 1900: 15 – 16 mins
|0630 – 0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 16 mins
1700 – 1900: 12 – 16 mins
After 1900: 10 – 16 mins
Bus Service 66 is a long trunk route spanning East to West, connecting residential areas of Bedok, Bedok Reservoir, MacPherson Estate, Jurong East and Bukit Batok to Little India and Bukit Timah. This service compliments Service 65 between Little India and Bedok Reservoir, and also plies the full stretch of Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road along with various other services, such as 67 and 170.
The route also complements the Downtown Line along Bukit Timah Road and Dunearn Road, serving stations between Rochor and Beauty World. On the Eastern sector, the route also compliments the Downtown Line, serving most stations between Jalan Besar and Bedok Reservoir.
2019 Bukit Batok Route Amendment
From Sunday, 23 June 2019, Services 66 & 66B will be amended to serve Bukit Batok East Avenue 6, Bukit Batok West Avenue 6 & Bukit Batok West Avenue 8, skipping Bukit Batok East Avenue 3, Bukit Batok Central & Bukit Batok West Avenue 3.
MRT Stations Served
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- EW25 Chinese Garden
- DT5 Beauty World
- DT6 King Albert Park
- DT7 Sixth Avenue
- DT8 Tan Kah Kee
- CC19DT9 Botanic Gardens
- DT10 Stevens
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NE7DT12 Little India
- DT13 Rochor
- NE8 Farrer Park
- NE9 Boon Keng
- DT25 Mattar
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- DT27 Ubi
- DT30 Bedok Reservoir
- EW5 Bedok
Parallel Bus Services
|Bus Services||Parallel Route|
|48||Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road (Rochor Station – Botanic Gardens Station)|
|65||Serangoon Road / Jalan Besar – Bedok Reservoir Road|
|67, 170, 170A||Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road (Rochor Station – Beauty World Station)|
|157, 174||Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road (Coronation Plaza) – Bukit Batok East Avenue 6|
|60, 87, 228||Bedok Interchange – Bedok Reservoir Road|
- Bedok Reservoir Road (Opp Blk 701) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0610hrs, 0625hrs, 0640hrs, 0655hrs
- Bendemeer Road (Blk 44) → Jurong East Temp Int
Sundays & Public Holidays: 2054hrs, 2121hrs, 2203hrs & 2235hrs
- Serangoon Road (Tekka Ctr) → Bedok Int
Sundays & Public Holidays, at night
Short Trip Services
- Service 66A: Bedok Int → Bt Timah Rd (Little India Stn Exit A)
Sundays & Public Holidays: 1815hrs & 1834hrs
- Service 66B: Jurong East Int → Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctr)
Sundays & Public Holidays: 1735hrs, 1800hrs, 1826hrs & 1904hrs
Morning downroutes from Bedok Reservoir Road bring passengers to Bedok before the first bus arrives from Jurong East. In addition, during Sundays & Public Holidays, Short Trip Services 66A and 66B bring many commuters from both East and West ends of the route into Little India in the evenings, with additional downroutes in the reverse direction later at night.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1989: Introduced between Tampines and Jurong East
- 1991 (26 May): Shortened to Bedok Int.
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to ply along Lor Bengkok instead of Circuit Link due to the DTL construction works.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Bus Interchange
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), skpping bus stop outside Blk 204 Bedok North Interchange
- 2015 (01 May): Start of Volvo B9TL Double Decker deployments
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2016 (16 Oct): Reinstated to ply Circuit Link instead of Lor Bengkok.
- 2017 (12 Feb): Serves a new pair of bus stops along Ubi Ave 2
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Aft PIE along Bukit Batok Rd
- 2018 (28 Oct): Calls at temporary co-sharing bus stop 40031 Newton FC along Bukit Timah Rd
- 2019 (24 Feb): Calls at reinstated bus stop 40021 – Bef Winstedt Rd along Bukit Timah Rd
- 2019 (23 Jun): Amended to Bukit Batok East Ave 6, Bukit Batok West Ave 6 & Bukit Batok West Ave 8, skipping Bukit Batok East Ave 3, Bukit Batok Central & Bukit Batok West Ave 3.
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.