- 01 Jan 2006 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2006 (01 Jan): Introduced between Punggol Int and Yishun Int via Sengkang Town
- 2010 (23 May) Amended to serve Jln Kayu, Sengkang West Way & Sengkang East Way in both directions, between Sengkang East Rd and TPE. However, it continues to ply its existing route via Sengkang East Rd & TPE towards Yishun on Weekdays (excluding Public Holidays) from 0600 to 0900 hours as a one-directional route from Punggol to Yishun known as Service 85#, after which from 0915 hours, the service reverts back to Service 85.
- 2011 (31 Jul): Calls at 3 additional pairs of bus stops along Sengkang West Way.
- 2012 (19 Nov): Amended to serve Sengkang East Way and Sengkang West Way, and Service 85# was withdrawn, with the new Service 85 plying the same route as Service 85#.
- 2013 (09 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (22 Jun): Start of Double Decker Volvo B9TL deployments
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Weekday first bus timings brought forward from 6.00am to 5.30am.
- 2016 (25 Sep): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops (65521 Waterwoods & 65529 Aft Punggol Field) along Punggol East
- 2019 (25 Mar): Short Trip Service 85A launched
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.
Pages: 1 2