SMRT Buses Express Service 868E is a Morning Peak express route from Bukit Gombak to Temasek Ave, passing through Bukit Batok, AYE and Robinson Road.
→ Promenade Stn
|Route||Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 (Blk 347) → Temasek Avenue (Promenade Stn)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok West Ave 7, Bukit Batok West Ave 2, Bukit Batok West Ave 6, Toh Guan Rd, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||23.2 km|
|Travelling Time||66 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok West Ave 7
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:30 – 07:45|
|From Bukit Batok West Ave 7
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Service 868E provides passengers in Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok with alternative means of transport to the city and Marina Centre, via an express sector along the AYE. The journey time is comparable to taking a train, but Service 868E charges express distance fares which is more expensive. The route was introduced on 28 September 2010 as part of the Quarterly Review of Bus Services performed in September 2010, as Service 868. It was renumbered to Service 868E from 13 August 2018.
Service 868E received a fleet upgrade to double-decker buses from 11 Aug 2015 to cope with rising demand for this service.
MRT Stations Served
Weekdays except Public Holidays
- Morning Peak from Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 (Blk 347):
07:30 & 07:45
- 2010 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2010 (28 Sep): Introduced from Bt Batok West Ave 5 (Blk 347) to Temasek Ave (Opp Millenia Twr) as a peak hour one-directional service during weekday mornings, numbered Service 868
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (09 Apr): Serves 2 additional bus stops opposite HomeTeamNS and outside Blk 334 along Bt Batok West Ave 7
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 868E from Express 868
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.