SMRT Bus Service 882 is a trunk route from Sembawang Interchange and looping at Sembawang Road End, passing through Canberra Road, Wellington Circle and Montreal Drive.
||Sembawang Bus Interchange ↺ Sembawang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Canberra Rd, Wellington Circle, Montreal Dr|
|Route Length||8.7 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
|Departure Times from Sembawang
||0520hrs – 2345hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0545hrs – 2330hrs (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 10 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 11 mins
After 1900: 05 – 11 mins
Service 882 is a largely residential route serving Sembawang Estate and Sembawang Road with bus connections to key transport nodes at Sembawang MRT and Bus Interchange. The route loops at Sembawang Road End, and also serves Wellington Primary School, Sembawang CC, Sembawang Park and the Boy’s Brigade and Girl’s Brigade Campsite.
The route’s limited coverage within the Sembawang estate, along with low-density housing along Sembawang Road, results in moderate to low passenger demand that is concentrated within the Sembawang estate. High capacity double-deck / articulated buses are not deployed due to a shortage of demand and possible route limitations at Sembawang Road.
Despite the limited demand, a Short Trip Service 882A is provided during weekday evening peak hours for the benefit of Sembawang residents and improve frequencies during the peak hour.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- NS11 Sembawang
Short Trip Service
- Service 882A: Sembawang Interchange → Montreal Link (Blk 592A)
Weekdays: 18:36, 19:32 & 20:02
- 2005 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- (~September 2021) onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
Operations for this route would be transferred to Tower Transit in 2021 as part of the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 2005 (20 Nov): Introduced between Sembawang Int and Sembawang Park via Sembawang Vista, Canberra Road, Canberra Link and Sembawang Road.
- 2009 (24 May): Further amended to serve Wellington Circle, Montreal Dr & Montreal Link.
- 2013 (21 Apr): Designated wheelchair accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (18 Aug): Shortworking trip 882A introduced
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.