- 1993 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang bus package.
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced as Service 175, Lim Chu Kang Road End – Upp Bt Timah Rd (Loop)
- Later amended to Sungei Tengah Rd, Brickland Rd and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 1999 (26 Dec): Handed to TIBS
- 2005 (27 Feb): Renumbered to Service 975, Bukit Panjang Int – Lim Chu Kang Rd End (Loop)
- 2010 (28 Nov): Amended to Lor Rusuk & Lim Chu Kang Rd; the sector along Old Lim Chu Kang Rd had been permanently closed.
- 2011 (23 Oct): Skips 2 bus stops along Old Choa Chu Kang Road which was removed due to road widening works
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (12 May): Shortworking trip 975A introduced.
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2015 (05 Oct): Start of double-decker bus special departures from Service 972 during weekdays AM peak hours.
- 2015 (27 Dec): Calls at an additional bus stop along Petir Rd towards Lim Chu Kang as part of DTL2 Bukit Panjang Bus Service Enhancements
- 2016 (24 Apr): Shortworking trip 975B introduced. Operates on Sundays & PHs, 1500hrs – 2322hrs
- 2017 (13 Feb): Shortworking trip 975B converted to operate daily. Operating hours revised to 1913hrs—2016hrs on Weekdays, 1918hrs—2001hrs on Saturdays, and 1608hrs—2315hrs on Sundays & PHs.
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (04 Sep): Amended to Bukit Panjang ITH
- 2018 (28 Oct): Enhancement of Short Trip Service 975B and withdrawal of Short Trip Service 975A.
- 2019 (10 Mar): Start of full-route double decker deployments, on Weekends & Public Holidays
- 2020 (28 Jan): Introduction of Short Trip Service 975A (2nd Gen)
- Refer to this article
- 2010: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2010.
Pages: 1 2