Premium Bus Service 538 was a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Pasir Ris Drive 3 to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Pasir Ris Street 71, Pasir Ris Drive 1, TPE, ECP and Robinson Road, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 538 was withdrawn on 1 Jan 2022.
→ Nicoll Highway
||Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Blk 500A) → Nicoll Highway (Opp Suntec City)|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris St 71, Dr 1, TPE, ECP, Robinson Rd|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|Former Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris Dr 3
||0755hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||Flat Fare: $4.50
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 538 served housing estates around Pasir Ris Neighbourhoods 5, 6 and 7 in Pasir Ris West with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The route is popular with residents of Pasir Ris who would otherwise rely on a long MRT ride to reach the city. While Express 518 also connects residents to the City, it does not serve the Shenton Way district.
Two trips were operated in the mornings by SBS Transit previously, departing Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Blk 500A) at 7:35am and 7:45am on weekdays.
Take Over by Aedge
From 29 Aug 2016, Premium 538 was operated by Aedge Holdings instead of SBS Transit. The route was extended by 2 bus stops from Fullerton Square to Opp Suntec City along Nicoll Highway. Departure timings were also revised to 4 AM Trips at 10 minutes intervals from 0725 – 0755hrs.
In July 2018, the number of morning trips were reduced to 3 and further reduced to 2 in 2020.
- From Pasir Ris Dr 3 (Blk 500A): 0755hrs
Weekdays except Public Holidays
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Pasir Ris Drive 3 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2012 (19 Mar): Second departure introduced at 0735hrs
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP.
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd with route extension to Nicoll Highway and additional AM Trips.
- 2018 (11 Jul): Reduction in number of AM Trips to 3
- 2021 (10 Jun): Reduced to 1 Morning Trip
- 2022 (01 Jan): Service Withdrawn
- 16 Jul 2007 – 26 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 – 31 Dec 2021: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd