Premium Bus Service 565 is a Premium service operated by City Transit from Ah Hood Rd to Central Blvd. The route passes through Jalan Rajah, Kim Keat Road, CTE and Cecil Street, operating one trip in the morning.
||Ah Hood Road (EASB) → Central Boulevard (Downtown Stn)|
|Passes Through||Jln Rajah, Jln Tentaram, Kim Keat Rd, Balestier Rd, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||City Transit Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Ah Hood Rd
||07:55 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||$4.00 (EZ-Link / NETS Flashpay Card) / $5.00 (Cash)|
Premium 565 serves the housing estates around Kim Keat and Balestier with bus connections to the CBD. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city.
Currently, Services 131 and 186 also provide connections from St. Michael’s Estate to Shenton Way, but ply a longer route without expressways. From Balestier Road, Service 130 additionally provides connections to Shenton Way alongside 131 and 186.
With the change of operator to City Transit Pte Ltd from 29 Aug 2016, an additional stop was added to the route Opp Maritime House, along Cantonment Rd. Also, an additional AM Trip at 0745hrs was added to cater to the demand which used to be served by a double-decker bus under SBS Transit. This additional trip was later withdrawn due to the reduced demand.
In 2022, the route was amended to serve Jln Tentaram and Marina Blvd.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From EASB, Ah Hood Rd: 07:55
- Card: $4.00
- Cash: $5.00
- 30 Jun 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 – Present: City Transit Pte Ltd
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Ah Hood Rd → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare revised to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.00
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to City Transit Pte Ltd with additional AM Trip & additional stopping point.
- ? – Reduced AM Trip
- 2022: Amended to serve Jln Tenteram; Extended to Central Blvd