SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 240 is a Feeder service operating from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, passing through Boon Lay Gardens, Lakeside MRT, Yuan Ching and Corporation Drive. A route variant, Service 240M, operates only during the weekday peak hours.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Dr, Boon Lay Pl, Yuan Ching Rd, Corporation Dr|
|Route Length||15.4 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
|05:30 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||6 – 7 mins||5 – 8 mins||6 – 7 mins||8 – 10 mins|
|Saturdays||10 – 12 mins||6 – 11 mins||8 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||7 – 11 mins||7 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins||10 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 240 serves residential neighbourhoods and schools around Boon Lay Gardens and Taman Jurong with connections to Jurong West Town Centre and Lakeside MRT station (more specifically, Jurong West Neighbourhoods 1, 2 and 3). At 15.4km in length, it is notably long for a feeder service.
By skipping Boon Lay Gardens in both directions, Service 30 is a more popular connection between Corporation Drive and Boon Lay Interchange.
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) variant of this route, Service 240P, was introduced. Operating between Lakeside MRT and Jurong West Town Centre, the route relieved demand off Service 240. The service was renumbered to Service 240M from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Boon Lay MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Stations Served:
- Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Aft Corporation Pl) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 05:15, 05:23, 05:31, 05:39, 05:45, 05:50 & 05:56
Saturdays: 05:15, 05:26, 05:37 & 05:48
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30, 05:38 & 05:46
Short Trip Service
- Service 240A: Corporation Drive (Blk 65) → Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn)
Weekdays: 06:09 – 08:11
- Service 240M: Lakeside MRT Station ↺ Jurong West Street 64 (Loop)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays): 06:00 – 07:30 & 17:00 – 18:30
- 1977 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1977 (16 May): Introduced between Boon Lay Gardens Ter and Yuan Ching Rd (Loop)
- 1978 (01 Jun): Amended to start from Jurong Int and loop at Boon Lay Pl
- 1979 (21 Nov): Amended to ply Boon Lay Way, Yuan Ching Rd and Kang Ching Rd
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to start from Boon Lay Int and loop at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2007 (15 Jul): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 207 along Boon Lay Pl
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2010 (03 Jan): Serves the bus stops outside Blk 662D and opposite Blk 662C along Jurong West St 64, skipping the bus stops outside and opposite Boon Lay Stn along Boon Lay Way
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)