Tower Transit Bus Service 98 is a trunk route from Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange and looping at Jurong Island Checkpoint, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive, Jurong Port Rd, Fishery Port Rd and Jurong Pier Rd.
The service operates in tandem with its route variant, Service 98M, which loops at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim.
- Service 98 towards both Jurong Island Checkpoint & Jurong East Temp Int duplicates along part of Jurong Port Rd, Jln Tepong, Fishery Port Rd & part of Jln Buroh. Check the bus destination before boarding.
||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong East/West Ave 1, Lakeside MRT, Corporation Dr, Jurong Port Rd, Fishery Port Rd, Jurong Pier Rd|
|Route Length||26.5 km|
|Travelling Time||97 – 120 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint)
||0600 – 0047 (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0600 – 0045 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 10 – 20 mins
Service 98 is both an industrial and residential trunk service, operating between Jurong East and Jurong Pier Way. For its residential portions, it serves housing blocks around Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1 and Corporation Drive with connections to Jurong East and Lakeside MRT Stations. For its industrial portions, it serves factories and offices around Jurong Port Road, Jalan Buroh and Jurong Pier Road and connects them to Lakeside MRT.
Service 98 towards both Jurong Island Checkpoint & Jurong East Temp Int duplicates along part of Jurong Port Rd, Jln Tepong, Fishery Port Rd & part of Jln Buroh.
Service 98 was selected to undergo a Smart Bus Priority System trial from November 2018 to April 2019 for traffic signals along Jurong East Avenue 1 & Jurong West Avenue 1 between Jurong Town Hall Road and Jurong West Street 42 / 52.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint) → Jurong East Temp Int
- Jurong Port Rd (Aft Jln Buroh) → Jurong East Temp Int
Saturdays, Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs
- Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Jurong East Temp Int
Short Trip Services
- Service 98A: Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn) → Corporation Rd (Corp Pl)
Weekdays, 1816hrs – 2011hrs | 06 – 20 minute frequency
- Service 98B: Jurong West Ave 1 (Blk 490) → Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint)
Weekdays (except public holidays): 05:59, 06:11, 06:17, 06:29, 06:35, 06:47, 06:59, 07:17, 07:36, 08:29 & 08:45
Gallery (SBS Transit):
Gallery (Tower Transit):
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1984: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Ctrl – Jurong (Loop)
- 1985 (30 Jun): Amended to Jurong East Int
- 1988: Amended to ply Jurong West St 51 and Boon Lay Way instead of Jurong West Ave 1 and Corporation Road after the commencement of Lakeside MRT station
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to loop at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1991 (20 Jan): Integrated with service 247, looped at Jurong Port Rd
- 1995 (Jan): Every alternate trip looped at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim during the off peak periods and subsequently those trips were re-numbered to 98A.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 98A renamed To Service 98M (No route amendment).
- 2012 (16 Apr): Shortworking trip 98B introduced from Lakeside Stn to Jurong Pier Way during AM Peak hours
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- Refer to this article
- 1991: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1991.