Tower Transit Bus Service 98 is a trunk route from Jurong East Bus Interchange and looping at Jurong Island Checkpoint, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive, Jurong Port Rd, Fishery Port Rd and Jurong Pier Rd.
The service operates in tandem with its route variant, Service 98M, which loops at Corporation Road.
↺ Jurong Pier Way (Loop)
- Service 98 towards both Jurong Island Checkpoint & Jurong East Int duplicates along part of Jurong Port Rd, Jln Tepong, Fishery Port Rd & part of Jln Buroh. Check the bus destination before boarding.
- No boarding at Bus Stop 28211 – Bef Jurong East Stn, Jurong Gateway Rd
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong West Ave 1, Corporation Dr, Jurong Port Rd, Jln Buroh|
|Route Length||26.9 km|
|Travelling Time||97 – 120 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East||Daily|
|05:30 – 00:00|
|Departure Times from Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpt)
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays|
|06:00 – 00:43||06:00 – 00:45|
|Loop Service||6 – 10 mins||8 – 16 mins||8 mins||8 – 20 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 98 is both an industrial and residential trunk service, operating between Jurong East and Jurong Pier Way. For its residential portions, it serves housing blocks around Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1 and Corporation Drive with connections to Jurong East and Lakeside MRT Stations. For its industrial portions, it serves factories and offices around Jurong Port Road, Jalan Buroh and Jurong Pier Road and connects them to Lakeside MRT.
Service 98 towards both Jurong Island Checkpoint & Jurong East Int duplicates along part of Jurong Port Rd, Jln Tepong, Fishery Port Rd & part of Jln Buroh.
Service 98 was selected to undergo a Smart Bus Priority System trial from November 2018 to April 2019 for traffic signals along Jurong East Avenue 1 & Jurong West Avenue 1 between Jurong Town Hall Road and Jurong West Street 42 / 52.
MRT Stations Served
- Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpt) → Jurong East Int
- Jurong Port Rd (Aft Jln Buroh) → Jurong East Int
Saturdays, Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00
- Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Jurong East Int
Short Trip Services
- Service 98A: Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn) → Corporation Rd (Corp Pl)
Weekdays (except public holidays): 17:14 – 20:11
- Service 98B: Jurong West Ave 1 (Blk 490) → Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpt)
Weekdays (except public holidays): 05:58 – 08:45
- Service 98M: Jurong East Int ↺ Corporation Road (Loop)
Weekdays: 09:32 – 16:30 & 20:08 – 23:45
Saturdays: 09:32 – 11:55 & 14:05 – 23:31
Sundays / Public Holidays: 09:30 – 15:45 & 20:10 – 23:45
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1984 (01 Jan): Introduced between Jurong Int and Jurong East Central (Loop)
- 1985 (30 Jun): Amended to start from Jurong East Int and loop at Jurong Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to loop at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim and amended to ply Jurong West St 51 and Boon Lay Way with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1991 (20 Jan): Integrated with Service 247 and extended to loop at Jurong Pier Rd under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 2
- 2003: Amended to loop at Jurong Pier Way
- 2004: Skips abolished pair of bus stops outside Jurong Power Stn and outside JPL Ind Pte Ltd along Jurong Pier Rd
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to relocated Jurong East Int