Tower Transit Bus Service 98M is a trunk route from Jurong East Bus Interchange and looping at Corporation Road, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside MRT and Corporation Drive.
The service is a route variant of Service 98, which operates a longer route and loops at Jurong Island Checkpoint. It operates during the off-peak hours, with departures staggered with Service 98.
Service 98M serves the relocated Jurong East Bus Interchange from 6 December 2020.
- No boarding at Bus Stop 28211 – Bef Jurong East Stn, Jurong Gateway Rd
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Corporation Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong West Ave 1, Corporation Dr|
|Route Length||19.1 km|
|Traveling Time||61 – 84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|09:32 – 16:30 &
20:08 – 23:45
|09:32 – 11:55 &
14:05 – 23:31
|09:30 – 15:45 &
20:10 – 23:45
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||N.A.||15 – 18 mins||N.A.||14 – 18 mins|
|Saturdays||N.A.||15 – 20 mins||15 – 20 mins||20 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||N.A.||17 – 20 mins||N.A.||15 – 20 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 98M primarily serves the housing estates of Jurong East and Corporation Drive with connections to Lakeside MRT and Jurong East MRT. Operating during the off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East Temp Int are staggered with Service 98.
Owing to such arrangements, buses of Service 98M are prone to bunching with Service 98 while heading back to Jurong East.
MRT Stations Served
- Service 98: Jurong East Int ↺ Jurong Pier Way (Loop)
- 2008 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Renumbered from 98A as an alternate route of Service 98 during off peak hours route from Jurong East Int and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Loop)
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to relocated Jurong East Int