Tower Transit Bus Service 98M is a trunk route from Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange and looping at Corporation Road, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside MRT and Corporation Drive.
The service is a route variant of Service 98, which operates a longer route and loops at Jurong Island Checkpoint. It operates during the off-peak hours, with departures staggered with Service 98.
||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Corporation Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive|
|Route Length||18.5 km|
|Travelling Time||61 – 84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0932 – 1630 & 2008 – 2345 (Weekdays)
0932 – 1155 & 1405 – 2331 (Saturdays)
0930 – 1545 & 2010 – 2345 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
0831-1659: 14 – 18 mins
After 1900: 14 – 18 mins
Service 98M primarily serves the housing estates of Jurong East and Corporation Drive with connections to Lakeside MRT and Jurong East MRT. Operating during the off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East Temp Int are staggered with Service 98.
Owing to such arrangements, buses of Service 98M are prone to bunching with Service 98 while heading back to Jurong East.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Service 98: Jurong East Temporary Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way
- 2008 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1995 (Jan): Every alternate trip of Service 98 looped at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim during the off peak periods, subsequently re-numbered to 98A.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 98A Renamed To Service 98M (No route amendment).
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd