SBS Transit Bus Service 249 is a Jurong Industrial Service (JIS) running from Boon Lay Bus Interchange and looping at Jalan Samulun, passing through Jalan Boon Lay and Jalan Buroh. It is the only JIS to ply an offshore island (Pulau Samulun), and the first to receive a fully air-conditioned fleet.
↺ Jln Samulun (Loop)
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Samulun (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jln Boon Lay, Jln Buroh, Tg Kling Rd|
|Route Length||15.6 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
|05:45 – 23:30|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||5 – 7 mins||7 – 17 mins||6 – 9 mins||8 – 25 mins|
|Saturdays||8 – 11 mins||9 – 16 mins||15 mins||15 – 25 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 – 17 mins||13 – 17 mins||15 – 18 mins||18 – 21 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 249 is an industrial route linking the industries around Jalan Boon Lay, Jalan Buroh, Tanjong Kling and Pulau Samulun to the Jurong West Town Centre. Its sectors along Tanjong Kling Road and Jln Samulun mainly serves workers at Jurong Shipyard.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced between Jurong Int and Jln Samulun (Loop)
- 1986 (29 Jun): Serves new bus stop outside Jurong Shipyard along Tg Kling Rd
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int
- 2001 (11 Feb): Serves 3 additional pairs of bus stops outside and opposite Chartered Ind, outside and opposite Beecham Pte Ltd and outside and opposite Premier Milk Pte Ltd along Jln Boon Lay
- 2006: Serves new pair of bus stops before and after Jln Buroh along Tg Kling Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)