Premium Bus Service 590 was a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Brickland Road to Shenton Way. The route passes through Bukit Batok West and Orchard Road, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 590 was officially discontinued in January 2021.
||Brickland Rd (Blk 485B) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Bt Batok Rd, Orchard Rd|
|Travelling Time||72 mins|
|Former Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Brickland Rd
||0730hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||EZ Link / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.50 | Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 590 serves the housing estates of Brickland Road and Bukit Batok West with bus connections to Orchard and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 590 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
Formerly operated by SMRT, Premium 590 is operated by Commute Solutions from 3 Jan 2017 until its withdrawal in Jan 2021.
The route was shortened to omit Yew Tee from 2 Jan 2020, while serving additional stops in the Bukit Batok West housing estate. Affected commuters from Yew Tee may take bus pooling route CS2 by ShareTransport instead.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Brickland Rd (Blk 485B): 0730hrs
- Cash: $7.00
- EZ Link Card / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.50
- 8 Sep 2008 – 30 Dec 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 3 Jan 2017 – Jan 2021: Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Choa Chu Kang Crescent → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.50. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $4.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.50 reinstated
- Late 2011?: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2012 (06 Aug): Second departure added, trips re-timed to 0740hrs and 0750hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions. No longer wheelchair accessible.
- ?: Reduced to 1 AM Trip, route extension along Choa Chu Kang Cres
- 2019 (16 Aug): Amended to serve Brickland Rd & Bukit Batok Rd, skipping Choa Chu Kang North 6 & 5
- 2020 (2 Jan): Shortened to start from Brickland Road and serves Bukit Batok West
- 2021 (4 Jan): Withdrawn
- Premium Bus Services – Commute Solutions
- Premium Bus Services Update from 4th January 2021 – Commute Solutions