Premium Bus Service 590 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Choa Chu Kang Crescent to Shenton Way. The route passes through Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, PIE, Orchard and Fullerton, operating one trip in the morning.
||Choa Chu Kang Cres (Blk 681) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, Orchard Rd|
|Travelling Time||59 mins|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang Cres
||0738hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||EZ Link / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.50 | Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 590 serves the housing estates of Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 6 and 7 with bus connections to Orchard and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 590 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
Premium 590 is operated by Commute Solutions from 3 Jan 2017.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Choa Chu Kang Cres (Blk 681): 0738hrs
- Cash: $7.00
- EZ Link Card / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.50
- 8 Sep 2008 – 30 Dec 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 03 Jan 2017 onwards: Commute Solutions
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Choa Chu Kang Crescent → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.50. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $4.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.50 reinstated
- Late 2011?: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2012 (06 Aug): Second departure added, trips re-timed to 0740hrs and 0750hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions. No longer wheelchair accessible.
- ?: Reduced to 1 AM Trip, route extension along Choa Chu Kang Cres