Peak Period Short Service 811P was a PPSS bus route from Yishun Central to Yishun Temp Int, looping at Yishun Avenue 1, passing through Yishun Avenue 2, Ring Road and Street 81. Operating during weekday peak hours, it runs alongside Intratown 811 and alleviates crowding on high-demand sectors during peak hours. The route commenced operations on Tuesday, 20 January 2015, operated by Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
Peak Period Short Service 811P was withdrawn on 20 Jan 2017. The last day of operations was on 19 Jan 2017.
|Route||Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange via Yishun Avenue 1|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 2, Ave 3, Ring Rd, Ave 4, St 81|
|Current Operator||Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays:
AM Peak: 0600hrs – 0800hrs
PM Peak: 1800hrs – 2000hrs
|0630-0830: ~12 mins
1700-1930: ~12 mins
After 1930: —
Service 811P duplicates the south loop of Intratown 811, serving between Yishun MRT / Interchange and Yishun Street 81. Operated using private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 811. It is the 13th PPSS service to be introduced, commencing operations alongside Service 812P on Tuesday, 20 January 2015.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
With the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM), PPSS 811P will be withdrawn from 20 Jan 2017. Additional special departures of Service 811 from Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central to Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Ave 1 during weekdays AM & PM Peak Hours will be added to replace this service. More information at Changes to PPSS.
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
Fleet: Service 811P′s fleet fully comprises private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
- 2014 (25 Feb): Tender for PPSS 811P opens
- 2014 (14 Oct): Tender for PPSS 811P awarded to Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2015 (20 Jan): Introduced as a PPSS route from Yishun Int and looping at Yishun Ave 1 under the BSEP.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. Starting point relocated to Yishun Central.
- 2017 (20 Jan): Route withdrawn
- 20 Jan 2015 – 19 Jan 2017: Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- Five More Peak Period Short Services to be Launched Progressively from End 2014 – Less Crowding, Shorter Waiting Times for Feeder Bus Services