Premium Bus Service 538 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Pasir Ris Drive 3 to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Pasir Ris Street 71, Pasir Ris Drive 1, TPE, ECP and Robinson Road, operating four trips in the morning.
Operations for SBS Transit Premium 538 was transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from 29 Aug 2016, with route extension to Suntec City and additional trips.
|Route||Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Blk 500A) → Nicoll Highway (Opp Suntec City)
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris St 71, Dr 1, TPE, ECP, Robinson Rd|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris Drive 3
||0725 – 0755 (Weekdays)|
Premium 538 serves housing estates around Pasir Ris Neighbourhoods 5, 6 and 7 in Pasir Ris West with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The route is popular with residents of Pasir Ris who would otherwise rely on a long MRT ride to reach the city. While Express 518 also connects residents to the City, it does not serve the Shenton Way district.
Due to unknown restrictions, Premium 538 does not ply a shorter express sector via KPE, but travels along TPE, ECP and MCE instead.
Two trips are operated in the mornings, departing Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Blk 500A) at 7:35am and 7:45am on weekdays.
Take over by Aedge
From 29 Aug 2016, Premium 538 will be operated by Aedge Holdings instead of SBS Transit. The route will be extended by 2 bus stops from Fullerton Square to Opp Suntec City along Nicoll Highway. Departure timings will also be revised to 4 AM Trips at 10 minutes intervals from 0725 – 0755hrs.
Departure Timings from Pasir Ris Drive 3:
- Weekdays except Public Holidays: 0725hrs, 0735hrs, 0745hrs & 0755hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 538 uses private coaches from Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Bus stop outside Blk 500A)
- Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Bus stop after Blk 601)
- Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Bus stop outside Blk 626)
- Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Bus stop outside Blk 713)
- Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Bus stop outside Blk 717)
- Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Bus stop after Pasir Ris Street 72)
- Pasir Ris Drive 1 (Bus stop outside Blk 738)
- Pasir Ris Drive 10 (Bus stop outside Meridian Junior College)
- Pasir Ris Street 71 (Bus stop opposite Blks 771/772)
- Pasir Ris Street 71 (Bus stop opposite Blk 778)
- Elias Road (Bus stop outside Ris Grandeur)
- Pasir Ris Drive 1 (Bus stop outside Blk 612)
- Pasir Ris Drive 1 (Bus stop outside Blk 515)
- Pasir Ris Drive 1 (Bus stop outside Blk 571)
Pasir Ris Drive 8 (Express)
Maxwell Road (Express)
- Robinson Road (Bus stop after Capital Tower)
- Robinson Road (Bus stop opposite The Ogilvy Centre)
- Robinson Road (Bus stop opposite AIA Tower)
- Fullerton Road (Bus stop outside Fullerton Square)
- Esplanade Dr (Bus Stop after Esplanade Bridge)
- Nicoll Highway (Bus Stop opposite Suntec City)
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Pasir Ris Drive 3 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2012 (19 Mar): Second departure introduced at 0735hrs
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP.
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd with route extension to Nicoll Highway and additional AM Trips.
- 16 Jul 2007 – 26 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- TransitLink E-guide