SBS Transit Bus Service 125 is a trunk route from St Michael’s Ter and looping at Sims Drive, passing through St Michael’s Estate, Serangoon Road, Genting Lane, Kallang Way and Sims Drive, and returning via Kallang Way, Lorong Bakar Batu, Bendemeer Road and Kitchener Road.
- Bus Service 125 towards both Saint Michael’s and Sims Drive duplicates along Whampoa Road and Jalan Bahagia. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 125 Plate head towards Sims Drive
– Buses displaying the White 125 Plate head towards Saint Michael’s.
|Route||Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal ↺ Sims Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||St Michael’s Estate, Serangoon Rd, Genting Lane, Kallang Way, Sims Drive|
|Route Length||17.6 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL (CDGE)
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Saint Michael’s
||0600hrs – 2300hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 11 – 12 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 10 – 18 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 11 – 15 mins
After 1900hrs: 15 – 18 mins
Service 125 serves the residents of both St. Michael’s Estate and Sims Drive with connections to Boon Keng MRT and Aljunied MRT, while serving Serangoon Road, Bendemeer Road, Kichener Road and Kallang Way. This route also serves as important connection between Kolam Ayer/Kallang Way Industrial Estates and Aljunied MRT, hence benefiting from heavy peak demand across that sector. A relatively large split-shift fleet copes with the peak hour demand from these industrial areas, along with Short Trip Service 125A operating only during the AM Peak hours.
This service calls at several bus stops in St. Michael’s Estate twice in different directions, i.e. towards Sims Drive and towards St. Michael’s Ter. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses heading for Sims Drive; white plate indicates buses heading for St. Michael’s Ter.
MRT Stations Served
- MacPherson Road (Aft Tai Thong Cres) → St. Michael’s Ter via Sims Drive
Weekdays: 0824hrs, 0836hrs
- Sims Drive (Blk 45) → St. Michael’s Ter
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0607hrs, 0619hrs
Weekends & Public Holidays: 0555hrs, 0611hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 125A: Aljunied Road (Opp Aljunied Stn) → MacPherson Road (Bef Siemens Ctr)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays): 0724hrs, 0736hrs, 0745hrs, 0757hrs, 0806hrs & 0818hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between St. Michael’s Est and Delta Circus, operated by United Bus Company
- 1975: Amended to Telok Blangah Way
- ???: Amended to Jln Bt Merah via Telok Blangah Way
- 1980/81: Amended to Bt Merah Int
- 1985: Amended to St. Michael’s Ter
- 1993: Shortened to Shenton Way; converted to a daytime weekdays & Saturday service
- 2000 (Nov): Integrated with Service 20, amended to loop between St. Michael’s and Sims Dr.
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Jln Besar, Kitchener Rd and Serangoon Rd, under Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2011 (29 Mar): Extended service operations to Sundays & Public Holidays.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (Sep): Start of Double decker buses deployment
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.