Peak Period Short Service 265P is a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) from Ang Mo Kio Int and looping at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, passing through Ang Mo Kio Street 52, 53 and 54. Operating during weekday peak hours, it runs alongside Townlink 265 and alleviates crowding on high-demand sectors during peak hours.
Peak Period Short Service 265P will be replaced by SBS Transit Shortworking Trip 265A and withdrawn from 06 Jan 2017. The last day of operations will be on 05 Jan 2017.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 5; St 52, 53 & 54|
|Current Operator||Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Minibuses|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
AM Peak: 0600hrs – 0800hrs
PM Peak: 1700hrs – 1900hrs
|0630-0830: ~12 mins
1700-1930: ~12 mins
After 1930: —
Service 265P duplicates the middle section of Townlink 265, serving between Ang Mo Kio MRT / Interchange and Ang Mo Kio Neighbourhood 5. Operated using private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 265. It is the 11th PPSS service to be introduced, commencing operations on Tuesday, 6 January 2015.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
With the service contract expiring on 6 Jan 2017, Peak Period Short Service 265P will be withdrawn on 6 Jan 2017 and replaced by Shortworking Trip 265A, operated by SBS Transit Ltd. More details at Changes to Peak Period Short Services.
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
Fleet: Service 265P′s fleet fully comprises private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
- 06 Jan 2015 – 05 Jan 2017: Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2014 (25 Feb): Tender for PPSS 265P opens
- 2014 (14 Oct): Tender for PPSS 265P awarded to Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2015 (06 Jan): Introduced as a PPSS route from Ang Mo Kio Int and looping at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 under the BSEP.
- 2017 (06 Jan): Route withdrawn and replaced by Shortworking Trip 265A, operated by SBS Transit.
External Links & References:
- Five More Peak Period Short Services to be Launched Progressively from End 2014 – Less Crowding, Shorter Waiting Times for Feeder Bus Services