Premium Bus Service 585 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Bedok Reservoir Road to Temasek Blvd. The route passes through Kaki Bukit Avenue 1, Still Road, ECP and Robinson Road and Marina Blvd, operating two trips in the morning.
Commute Solutions will be taking over operations of Premium Bus Service 585 and extending the route to Temasek Blvd while skipping Fullerton Rd from 03 Jan 2017.
|Route||Bedok Reservoir Rd (Blk 122) → Temasek Blvd (Suntec Twr Two)|
|Passes Through||Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Still Rd, ECP, Robinson Rd, Marina Blvd|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses
|Departure Times from Bedok Reservoir
||0750 – 0800 (Weekdays)|
Premium 585 serves the public housing areas around Bedok Reservoir and Kaki Bukit with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city.
In 2014, City Direct 658 was launched between Bedok Reservoir and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a more affordable alternative.
As part of the Downtown Line construction, Premium 585 was diverted to Jalan Damai and Jalan Tenaga from 2011 – 2016. More details here.
Two trips are operated in the mornings, departing Bedok Reservoir Road (Blk 122) at 7:50am and 8:00am on weekdays.
As part of the takeover of operations by Commute Solutions from 03 Jan 2017, the route will be extended to Temasek Blvd, plying via Marina Blvd and skipping Fullerton Rd.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- EZ Link / NETS Flashpay: $4.50
Fleet: See above
|Boarding Stops in Bedok Reservoir
||Alighting Stops in CBD|
- 21 Apr 2008 – 30 Dec 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 03 Jan 2017 onwards: Commute Solutions
- 2008 (21 Apr): Introduced as a Premium Service from Bedok Reservoir Rd → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.30
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.10
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.30
- 2011 (28 Aug): Calls at Jalan Damai and Jalan Tenaga, skipping stops along Kaki Bukit Ave 1 after the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Avenue 1 for Downtown Line construction works
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.50
- 2012 (25 Jun): Second trip introduced at 0750hrs
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (24 Apr): Resume using Kaki Bukit Ave 1, skipping Jln Damai
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions. Route extended to Temasek Blvd, skipping Fullerton Rd. No longer wheelchair accessible.