Go-Ahead Bus Service 6 is an industrial route connecting Pasir Ris with Loyang Industrial Estate. The service does not operate on Sundays and Public holidays.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↺ Loyang Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Drive 3, Loyang Industrial Estate|
|Route Length||11.6 km|
|Traveling Time||40 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|06:20 – 19:30||06:20 – 15:00||No Operation|
|Loop Service||7 – 8 mins||7 – 17 mins||7 – 8 mins||8 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Introduced in 1993, Service 6 is an industrial route linking Pasir Ris Town Centre with Loyang Industrial Estate, while also serving residential estates along Pasir Ris Drive 3. In parallel with normal commuting patterns, much of its demand is encountered during the peak hours when workers commute between the Loyang Industrial Estate and transport nodes at Pasir Ris. As such, most buses operate on the split shift, which results in low frequencies during off-peak hours.
This service operates until 3:00pm on Saturday afternoons, and does not operate on Sundays and Public Holidays.
On the eves of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year, the operating hours are the same as Saturday’s.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- 25 Oct 1993 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Service Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1993 (25 Oct): Introduced as a peak hour loop service on weekdays and Saturdays between Pasir Ris and Loyang Crescent, serving Loyang Industrial Estate. Operated from 0600 to 0900 hours during AM peak and from 1630 to 1930 hours (weekdays) and 1200 to 1500 hours (Saturdays) during PM peak.
- 1994 (24 Oct): Converted to day service, with first bus revised to 0620 hours
- 2004 (20 Dec): Amended to ply a longer stretch of Loyang Way and Loyang Lane instead of Loyang Ave in the return direction (towards Pasir Ris)
- 2008 (11 Aug): Start of Double Decker deployments
- 2013 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd.
Back to Bus Services