Tower Transit Bus Service 78 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Int and looping at Clementi Avenue 2, passing through Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road and West Coast Road, serving the industrial areas around Pandan Reservoir.
|Route||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Clementi Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road, West Coast Road|
|Route Length||24.8 km|
|Travelling Time||76 – 113 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Jurong East||0545 – 0020 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Clementi MRT||0604 – 0056 (Weekdays)
0604 – 0100 (Saturdays)
0621 – 0058 (Sundays / Public Holiday)
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: 11 – 15 mins
Service 78 is an industrial trunk route linking the factories and offices at Penjuru and Pandan with connections to Clementi and Jurong East MRT stations. It also supplements other residential bus services between Teban Gardens and Jurong East MRT/Int, as well as between West Coast and Clementi Town Centre.
MRT Stations Served
- Clementi Ave 2 (Blk 460) → Jurong East (via Clementi Ave 3)
Weekdays & Saturdays AM Peak
- West Coast Rd (Aft Teban Gardens Rd) → Jurong East
AM Peak Daily
Short Trip Service
- Service 78A: Jurong East Temp Int → Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl)
Weekdays, 0716hrs – 0825hrs, 03 – 08 mins frequency
78A caters to workers heading from Jurong East Into to industries in Tanjong Penjuru during the morning peak hours.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 – onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1988 (19 Jun): Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Clementi Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to serve Pandan Rd, replacing Service 245.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd
- 2002 (May): Amended to skip Teban Gardens Rd towards Jurong East and ply West Coast Rd instead.
- 2004 (04 Sep): Amended to ply Pandan Ave (towards Clementi) with 2 stops and skips 1 stop along Pandan Rd
- 2005 (03 Apr): Amended to ply West Coast Rd in both directions, skipping Teban Gardens altogether.
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int, serving bus stop at Blk 131 along Jurong Gateway Rd
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.