The route operates from Jurong Gateway Road (Blk 131) and ends at Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl), operating only on weekdays morning peak hours.
As part of the relocation of Jurong East Bus Interchange, Service 78A will start service at Jurong Gateway Road from 6 December 2020.
|Route||Jurong Gateway Road (Blk 131) → Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl)
|Passes Through||Jurong Town Hall Rd|
|Route Length||5.6 km|
|Traveling Time||26 – 34 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong Gateway Rd (Blk 131)
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:01 – 07:54|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 78A is a trunk service operating from Jurong Gateway Road (Blk 131) and ends at Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl).
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates on Weekdays, during the morning peak hours. It mainly supplements the high demand for Service 78 from the Jurong East MRT to industrial areas around Penjuru.
- From Jurong Gateway Road (Blk 131):
Weekdays: 07:01, 07:16, 07:32 & 07:54
MRT Station Served:
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 4 Mar 2013 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2013 (04 Mar): Introduced from Jurong East Int to Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl) during weekday morning peak hours
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to start from Jurong Gateway Rd (Blk 131) to Tanjong Penjuru (Opp CLP Intl) with the relocation of Jurong East Int