SMRT Bus Service 180 is a trunk route running between Boon Lay Interchange and Bukit Panjang. It travels through Jurong West Street 64, Boon Lay Way, Bukit Batok Road and Jelebu Road. It is the most direct route between Boon Lay and Bukit Panjang, offering faster journey times as compared to the MRT. As such, the service is well patronized throughout the day, with moderate to high demand at most times of day. As such, high capacity double-deck buses make up the whole permanent fleet.
Bus Service 180 will change its stopping point at Petir Rd / Upp Bukit Timah Rd from 04 Sep 2017.
|Bus Service 180: Boon Lay ↺ Bukit Panjang Rd (Loop)
|From Boon Lay
||Looping at Bukit Panjang Rd
- Bus Service 180 will no longer call at the bus stop in RED from 04 Sep 2017.
- Bus Service 180 will call at the bus stop in BLUE from 04 Sep 2017.
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Bukit Panjang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 64, Boon Lay Way, Bukit Batok Rd, Jelebu Rd|
|Route Length||20.7 km|
|Travelling Time||80 – 90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0530 – 2310 (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0600 – 2310 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
2311 – 2345 (Daily | Service 180A Terminating at Bukit Panjang Rd (Blk 183))
|0630-0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 04 – 12 mins
After 1900: 06 – 12 mins
SMRT Bus Service 180 previously operated as a bidirectional service between Bukit Panjang and Boon Lay, but buses did not have extended breaks at Boon Lay due to space constraints. When Bukit Panjang Interchange was demolished to make way for the new Integrated Transport Hub, the route was converted to start from Boon Lay and loop at Bukit Panjang due to space constraints at Bukit Panjang Bus Park.
Originally introduced as Service 951 in 1990, a series of major amendments has shortened the route to its present form since 1996.
From 2311hrs daily, buses leaving Boon Lay Interchange will operate as Shortworking Trip 180A and terminate at Bukit Panjang Road (Blk 183). Additional trips of 180A operated in the late evening (weekdays only) are performed by split-shift buses before being taken out of service.
Double-decker buses are deployed on a regular basis from 13 March 2016.
LRT / MRT Stations Served:
- Petir Road (Bt Panjang Stn) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0520hrs – 0620hrs
Satudays: 0520hrs – 0620hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs – 0630hrs
- Bukit Panjang Road (Blk 183) → Boon Lay Int
Weekday Peak hours
- Service 180A: Boon Lay Interchange → Bt Panjang Rd (Blk 183)
1916 – 1950 (Weekdays), 2311 – 2345 (Daily)
Fleet: See Above
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1990 (10 Jun): Introduced as Service 951, Marsiling Ter – Jurong Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1996 (04 Feb): Amended to Woodlands Regional Int
- 1996 (10 Mar): Re-numbered to Service 180 and shortened to Bt Panjang Ter – Boon Lay Int
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to start from Bt Panjang Int
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to loop at Petir Road with the closure of Bt Panjang Int, Shortworking trip 180A introduced.
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (12 Jan): Start of double-decker bus deployments under Service 190 crossover.
- 2016 (13 Mar): Start of regular double-decker bus deployments
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Aft PIE along Bukit Batok Rd
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (04 Sep): Bus Stop along Petir Rd abolished, made to call along Upp Bt Timah Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2012: No significant route changes since 2012.
External Links & References: