SBS Transit Bus Service 59 is a trunk route running from Bishan to Changi Village, going via Toa Payoh, PIE, Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservior, Tampines and Loyang Ave. It has an express sector between Toa Payoh and Jalan Eunos along the PIE.
Towards Changi Village
|Route||Bishan Bus Interchange ↔ Changi Village Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toa Payoh, PIE, Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservior, Tampines, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||26.2km (D1) | 26.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bishan
||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2330 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Changi Village
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 13 – 17 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 19 mins
After 1930: 14 – 20 mins
Service 59 serves as a inter-town route between the residential towns of Bishan, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir, Tampines and Changi Village. The route incorporates an express sector between Lor 6 Toa Payoh and Jln Eunos along the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), providing a fast connection between residential estates at both ends. Demand for this service is popular during weekday peak hours.
- Loyang Ave (Opp Blk 149A) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0554hrs, 0603hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2005 (23 Oct): Introduced by SBS Transit, plying between Bishan – Changi Village
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (28 Aug): Amended to Jln Tenaga & Jln Damai with the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 due to the Downtown MRT Line construction works
- 2016 (24 Apr): Resume using Kaki Bukit Ave 1, skipping Jln Damai and Jln Tenaga
- Refer to this article
- 2016: No significant route changes since 2016.
External Links & References: