SBS Transit Bus Service 59 is a trunk route running from Bishan to Changi Village, going via Toa Payoh, PIE, Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservior, Tampines and Loyang Ave. It has an express sector between Toa Payoh and Jalan Eunos along the PIE.
Bus Service 59 will call at a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
|Bus Service 59: Bishan ↔ Changi Village|
Towards Changi Village
||Bishan Bus Interchange ↔ Changi Village Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Lor 6 Toa Payoh, Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Bedok Reservoir Rd, Tampines Ave 2, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||26.2 km (D1) | 26.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
|Departure Times from Bishan||0545hrs – 2330hrs (Weekdays)
0600hrs – 2330hrs (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Changi Village
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 09 – 10 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 16 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 12 – 17 mins
After 1900hrs: 15 – 17 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 13 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 18 mins
After 1900hrs: 14 – 18 mins
Service 59 serves as a inter-town route between the residential towns of Bishan, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir, Tampines and Changi Village. The route incorporates an express sector between Lor 6 Toa Payoh and Jln Eunos along the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), providing a fast connection between residential estates at both ends. Demand for this service is popular during weekday peak hours.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 59 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
MRT Stations Served:
- Loyang Ave (Opp Blk 149A) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0554hrs, 0603hrs
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 2005 (23 Oct): Introduced by SBS Transit, plying between Bishan – Changi Village
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (28 Aug): Amended to Jln Tenaga & Jln Damai with the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 due to the Downtown MRT Line construction works
- 2016 (24 Apr): Resume using Kaki Bukit Ave 1, skipping Jln Damai and Jln Tenaga
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station
- Refer to this article
- 2016: No significant route changes since 2016.
External Links & References: