SMRT Bus Service 964 is a trunk route from Woodlands Temporary Interchange and looping at Woodlands Loop, passing through Woodands Avenue 7, 6, 9 and Woodlands Link. It does not operate on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 964: Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Loop
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Loop (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Avenue 7/6/9, Woodlands Link|
|Route Length||9.9 km|
|Travelling Time||40 – 45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Park (WPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands||0600 – 2245 (Weekdays)
0600 – 1700 (Saturdays)
No operation on Sundays and Public Holidays
|0630-0830: 04 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 05 – 06 mins
After 1900: 05 – 18 mins
Service 964 serves as both an industrial and residential route, connecting residential developments around Woodlands Avenue 6 and Woodlands Avenue 7, and industries around Woodlands Avenue 9 and Woodlands Loop, with transport nodes at Woodlands Regional Centre.
The route does not operate on Sundays and Public Holidays, as its residential sector between Woodlands Int and Woodlands Ave 6 runs parallel to Intratown 913. With much of its demand coming from the industrial estate, the route encounters moderate demand during the day but high demand during peak hours, and much of its fleet operates under split-shift. High capacity double-deck buses were added to the fleet in January 2015.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1997 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 1997 (24 Nov): Introduced by TIBS plying Woodlands Regional Int – Woodlands Link (Loop), operating during the peak hours: 0630-0930 on Mon-Sat, 1630-1945 on Mon-Fri, 1130-1400 on Sat.
- 2007 (30 Jul): Extension of operation hours for a trial period of 6 months, eventually became a permanent arrangement: 0600-2245 on Mon-Fri, 0600-1600 on Sat
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (31 Aug): Last bus on Saturdays extended from 1600hrs to 1630hrs
- 2014 (05 Apr): Last bus on Saturdays extended from 1630hrs to 1700hrs
- 2015 (12 Jan): Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 double-decker bus deployed.
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- Refer to this article
- 1997: No significant route changes since 1997.