Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #9:
“Woodlands Bus Package” (22 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Woodlands Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SMRT Buses operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2023.
This package comprises 22 existing bus services mainly originating from Woodlands Bus Interchange, with a handful originating at Woodlands St 82, Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Centre. The package includes Bus Service 950, a cross-border route.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||178, 187, 900/900A, 901, 902, 903/M, 904, 911, 912/M, 913/M, 925/#, 926, 950, 951E, 960, 960e, 961/#, 962, 964, NR5, NR6 & NR7|
|Bus Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot, Woodlands Bus Park|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Woodlands|
Woodlands Bus Package contains 22 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SMRT Buses.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|900||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Dr 14||Feeder|
|900A||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Dr 17||Feeder||Selected hours only|
|901||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Ave 6||Feeder|
|902||Woodlands||→ Woodlands Ave 9||Feeder||AM Peak Hours only|
|903||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Ctr Rd||Feeder|
|903M||Woodlands||↺ Marsiling Lane||Feeder||Peak Hour Supplementary|
|904||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Cres||Feeder|
|911||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Ave 2 / Woodlands Ctr Rd||Feeder|
|912||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Ave 7 / Woodlands Ctr Rd||Feeder|
|912M||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands St 41||Feeder||Peak Hour Supplementary|
|913||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Circle / Woodlands Ave 3||Feeder|
|913M||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands St 13||Feeder||Supplementary|
|925/#||Woodlands||Choa Chu Kang||Trunk||Weekdays & Sat|
|Woodlands||↺ Neo Tiew Cres||Trunk||Sundays & PHs|
|926||Woodlands||↺ Mandai Lake Rd||Trunk||Sundays & PHs|
|950||Woodlands||↺ JB Sentral Ter||Trunk||Cross Border Route|
|951E||Woodlands St 82||Anson Rd / Shenton Way||Express||Peak Hour express route|
|961/#||Woodlands||Lor 1 Geylang||Trunk||Alternate routing on Sun/PHs|
|962||Woodlands||↺ Admiralty St||Trunk|
|964||Woodlands||↺ Woodlands Loop||Trunk|
|NR5||Marina Centre||→ Jurong West St 64||Night||Night Service|
|NR6||Resorts World Sentosa||→ Compassvale Dr||Night||Night Service|
|NR7||Marina Centre||→ Loyang Ave||Night||Night Service|
Services 900/A, 925/# and 961/#, which ply alternative routes during selected hours, are considered as one service each. Services 903M, 912M and 913M are considered as supplementary services of their parent service and do not add to the overall service count. Short Trip Services are also not included in the above list.
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-two (22) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Woodlands Bus Interchange, and Woodlands Bus Depot / Bus Park, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 21 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (BCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Woodlands Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SMRT Buses.
- 2018 (28 Oct): Bus Service 960e added to Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2019 (17 Mar): Bus Service 913M added to Woodlands Bus Package as a supplementary bus service.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model