Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #9:
“Woodlands Bus Package” (21 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Woodlands Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SMRT Buses operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2023.
This package comprises 21 existing bus services mainly originating from Woodlands Bus Interchange, with a handful originating at Woodlands St 82, Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Centre. The package includes Bus Service 950, a cross-border route.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||178, 187, 900/900A, 901/M, 902, 903/M, 904, 911, 912/M, 913/M, 925/#, 926, 950, 951E, 960, 960e, 961/#, 962, 964, NR5 & NR6|
|Bus Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot, Woodlands Bus Park|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Woodlands|
Woodlands Bus Package contains 21 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SMRT Buses.
|178||Woodlands ↔ Boon Lay||Trunk|
|187||Woodlands ↔ Boon Lay||Trunk|
|900||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Drive 14||Feeder|
|901||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 6||Feeder|
|902||Woodlands → Woodlands Avenue 9||Feeder|
|903||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Centre Road||Feeder|
|904||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Crescent||Feeder|
|911||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 2 / Woodlands Centre Road||Feeder|
|912||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 7 / Woodlands Centre Road||Feeder|
|913||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Circle / Woodlands Avenue 3||Feeder|
|925||Woodlands ↔ Choa Chu Kang||Trunk|
|926||Woodlands ↺ Mandai Lake Road||Special*|
|950||Woodlands ↺ JB Sentral||Trunk|
|951E||Woodlands Street 82 ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
|960||Woodlands ↔ Marina Centre||Trunk|
|960e||Woodlands ↔ Marina Centre||Express|
|961||Woodlands ↔ Lorong 1 Geylang||Trunk|
|962||Woodlands ↺ Admiralty Street||Trunk|
|964||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Loop||Trunk|
|NR5||Marina Centre → Jurong West Street 64||Night|
|NR6||Resorts World Sentosa → Compassvale Drive||Night|
* Bus Service 926 is a special bus service, operating only on Sunday & Public Holidays and charging flat fares.
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|178A||Woodlands → Woodlands Road (Kranji Stn)||Short Trip|
|900A||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Drive 17||Supplementary|
||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 7||Supplementary|
|903M||Woodlands ↺ Marsiling Lane||Supplementary|
|911T||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 2 / Woodlands Centre Road||Terminating Trip|
|912A||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Avenue 7||Short Trip|
|912B||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Centre Road||Short Trip|
|912M||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Street 41||Supplementary|
|913M||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Street 13||Supplementary|
|913T||Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Circle / Woodlands Avenue 3||Terminating Trip|
|925#||Woodlands ↺ Neo Tiew Crescent||Supplementary|
|961#||Woodlands ↔ Lorong 1 Geylang||Supplementary|
|962B||Sembawang Drive (Opp Sun Plaza) → Sembawang Drive (Sun Plaza)||Short Trip|
|962C||Woodlands Avenue 5 (Blk 618) → Woodlands Avenue 6 (Blk 680)||Short Trip|
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-one (21) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Woodlands Bus Interchange, and Woodlands Bus Depot / Bus Park, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 21 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (BCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Woodlands Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SMRT Buses.
- 2018 (28 Oct): Bus Service 960e added to Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2019 (17 Mar): Bus Service 913M added to Woodlands Bus Package as a supplementary bus service.
- 2019 (01 Jan): NightRider NR7 temporary suspended to facilitate the On-Demand Public Bus Trial
- 2019 (16 Jun): NightRider NR7 discontinued and removed from Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2019 (23 Jun): Bus Service 901M added to Woodlands Bus Package as a supplementary bus service.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model