SMRT Bus Service 960 is a trunk route linking Woodlands Temporary Interchange and Marina Centre Terminal, passing through Woodlands Road, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Rochor Canal, Victoria Street and Bras Basah.
- No boarding and alighting at Marina Centre Terminal.
||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Rd, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Rochor Canal, Victoria St, Bras Basah|
|Route Length||27.3 km (D1) | 27.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||0630 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0645 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 12 mins
After 1900: 10 – 12 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 09 mins
After 1900: 08 – 09 mins
Service 960 is a inter-town route, serving between the housing estates of Woodlands and Bukit Panjang, and providing connections to the City areas of Newton, Rochor Canal, Bras Basah and Marina Centre. The route is frequented as a popular connection between Bukit Panjang and the City. During weekends, large numbers of foreign workers rely on the route between dormitories along Woodlands Road and Little India, in which the dormitories along Woodlands Road are not served by the Downtown Line.
The route incorporates an express sector between Bukit Panjang and Whitley Road along the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), sharing the popular connection with full-day Services 190, 700/A and 972, but is otherwise non-duplicative from Newton to Marina Centre. It also shares long duplicating sectors with Service 961/# between Woodlands Int and Bukit Panjang, connecting the many industries located along Woodlands Road to Kranji MRT, Marsling MRT and Woodlands MRT/Int.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Marina Centre Ter. The last stop for Marina Centre-bound trips is 02089 Raffles Boulevard (Pan Pacific Hotel), while the first stop for Woodlands-bound trips is 02101 Raffles Avenue (Aft S’pore Flyer).
Introduced in 1996 by Trans-Island, the route has not undergone any amendments since.
With low branches along Bt Timah Rd pruned by NEA in January 2015, the single-deck fleet restriction was removed hence allowing double-deck buses to be deployed. High capacity Double deck buses were deployed since Feb 2015.
- Bukit Panjang Rd (Blk 604) → Marina Centre Ter
Weekdays & Sat: 0535hrs
MRT Stations Served
- NS7 Kranji
- NS8 Marsiling
- NS9 Woodlands
- NS21DT11 Newton
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE7DT12 Little India
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT10 Stevens
- DT13 Rochor
- CC2 Bras Basah
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
LRT Stations Served
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 1996 (12 Jul): Introduced between Woodlands Regional Int and Marina Centre Ter.
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to Jelebu Rd, Petir Rd and Pending Rd, skipping part of Bt Panjang Rd
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (16 Feb): Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 double-decker buses deployed.
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2016 (03 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (11 Dec): Serves the new Bus Stop 43991 – Opp Blk 635A, Woodlands Road
- 2017 (28 May): Calls at relocated bus stop 47071 Bef Mandai Rd and no longer calls at bus stop 45081 Opp Mandai Rd along Woodlands Rd.
- 2017 (04 Sep): Change in stopping point along Jelebu Rd
- 2018 (10 Jun): Calls at a new bus stop along Woodlands Road (44999 Bef Yew Tee Flyover)
- Refer to this article
- 1999: No significant route changes since 1999.
External Links & References: