SMRT Express Bus Service 960e is a Limited Stop Express route variant of Service 960, plying between Woodlands and Marina Centre at selected hours daily. It passes through Marsiling, Dunearn Rd, Bukit Timah Road and Bugis, skipping Woodlands Road and Bukit Panjang. This bus service only calls at selected bus stops along its parent route and was launched on 28 October 2018.
Service 960e serves Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub from 13 Jun 2021.
- No boarding and alighting at Marina Centre Terminal.
|Route||Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 3, Dunearn Rd / Bukit Timah Rd, Victoria St|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Ctr: 24.2 km||Towards Woodlands: 24.5 km|
|Travelling Time||50 – 75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Woodlands
|06:00 – 18:30|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
|12:30 – 23:30|
|From Marina Centre
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express Bus Service 960e is a Limited-stop Express Bus Service which offers quicker journeys for commuters at Woodlands and Marsiling, linking them with the Central areas of Stevens, Newton, Little India, Bugis and Marina Centre. Operating during selected hours in the day, it only calls at selected bus stops served by its parent Bus Service 960, and charges Express Fares as a result.
In between Marsiling and Stevens, the bus plies an express sector along the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) in both directions. The route operates daily at 30-minute intervals.
Along with several other express services, operating hours for Express 960e was reduced from 9 February 2020. Trips from Woodlands Interchange operates till 6:30pm, while trips from Marina Centre Bus Terminal only start operations at 12:30pm.
The service was degraded further from 4 January 2021, with the frequency adjusted to be 30 minutes throughout operating hours daily instead of 20 minutes during weekday peak hours.
The bus route was first revealed in LTA’s “Hacks to Travel Smart” poster at Woodlands MRT Station in July 2018, which stated “Trunk Bus 960e” as an alternative for a more comfortable commute to the city.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS9TE2 Woodlands
- NS8 Marsiling
- DT10 Stevens
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NE7DT12 Little India
- DT13 Rochor
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- Bus Service 960: Woodlands Int ↔ Marina Centre Ter
- 2018 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2018 (28 Oct): Introduced between Woodlands Temp Int and Marina Ctr Ter, operating daily
- 2019 (24 Feb): Serves reinstated bus stop Bef Winstedt Rd along Bukit Timah Rd
- 2020 (09 Feb): Reduction of operating hours. Trips from Woodlands operate till 1830hrs, while trips from Marina Centre start at 1230hrs
- 2020 (15 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures
- 2021 (24 Feb): Amended to the relocated Marina Ctr Ter
- 2021 (13 Jun): Amended to Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub