SMRT Bus Service 991 is a trunk route operating from Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange, serving new estates around Bukit Batok West Avenue 6, Bukit Gombak MRT Station, as well as residential estates around Keat Hong Link.
||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bt Batok West Ave 6, Bt Batok St 11, Bt Batok West Ave 3, Ave 8, Ave 5, Brickland Rd, Choa Chu Kang Ave 1, Keat Hong Link|
|Route Length||11.9 km (D1) | 11.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||41 – 50 min|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package (Negotiated Contract)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Buses park at: Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok||0530hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)
0015hrs – 0100hrs (Daily | Service 991A) – Terminates at Bt Batok West Ave 3 (Princess E Pr Sch)
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0530hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays)
0545hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
0018hrs – 0055hrs (Daily | Service 991B) – Terminates at Choa Chu Kang Ave 1 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Mkt)
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 09 mins
After 1900: 08 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 08 – 15 mins
Bus Service 991 was launched as trunk service with an interim routing from Bukit Batok Bus Interchange to Bukit Batok West Ave 5, mainly serving new residential estates northwest of Bukit Batok with direct links to NS2 Bukit Batok MRT Station, as well as other amenities along the route. Commencing operations on Sunday, 8 July 2018, the route complements Service 941 and 944 in serving the new estates, and is also the seventh (7th) service to be introduced under the Bus Contracting Model (BCM).
Within Bukit Batok, Service 991 serves new Build-To-Order (BTO) flat estates such as:
- Sky Vista @ Bukit Batok
- West Quarry @ Bukit Batok
- West Plains @ Bukit Batok
- West Edge @ Bukit Batok
- West Rock @ Bukit Batok
- West Valley @ Bukit Batok
- West Ridges @ Bukit Batok
Schools and community amenities served within Bukit Batok include:
- Club CSC @ Bukit Batok
- Bukit Batok Polyclinic
- Bukit Batok Wet Market & Hawker Centre
- Bukit Batok Presbyterian Church
- St. Lukes Hospital
- Princess Elizabeth Primary School
- Millennia Institute
- Dulwich College
Between 0015hrs and 0100hrs daily, departures from Bukit Batok will operate as Service 991A and terminate at Bt Batok West Ave 3 (Princess E Pr Sch).
Extension to Choa Chu Kang:
Since 30 September 2018, the route has been extended to Choa Chu Kang via Bukit Gombak MRT, Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, Brickland Road, Choa Chu Kang Avenues 3 and 1, and Keat Hong Link, after which it will mirrors the former route of Feeder Service 308 to Choa Chu Kang Interchange via Choa Chu Kang Drive. Bus Service 308 was also withdrawn on the same day after the route integration with Service 991.
In addition, new short-trip service 991B was also introduced during the late night period.
- Bukit Batok West Ave 3 (Opp Princess E Pr Sch) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0538hrs, 0546hrs, 0554hrs
Saturdays / Sundays / Public Holidays: 0530hrs, 0541hrs, 0553hrs, 060hrs
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 1 (Bef Choa Chu Kang Mkt) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs, 0550hrs
Saturdays / Sundays / Public Holidays: 0545hrs
Short Trip Service:
- Service 991A: Bukit Batok Int → Bukit Batok West Ave 3 (Princess E Pr Sch)
Daily: 0015hrs, 0030hrs, 0045hrs & 0100hrs
- Service 991B: Choa Chu Kang Int → Choa Chu Kang Ave 1 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Mkt)
Daily: 0018hrs, 0036hrs & 0055hrs
MRT / LRT Stations Served
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2018 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2018 (08 Jul): Introduced between Bukit Batok and Bukit Batok West Ave 5. Wheelchair-accessible at launch.
- 2018 (30 Sep): Extended to Choa Chu Kang, replacing sectors of Service 308
- 2018 (01 Oct): Start of regular weekday double-decker deployments
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
- 2018 (23 Dec): Calls at a new pair of bus stops (Blk 485B & Opp Blk 485A) along Brickland Road
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Extended to Choa Chu Kang Int. No significant route changes since 2018.