SMRT City Direct Service 665 is a Weekday Peak Hour City Direct Service between Marsiling, Woodlands and the CBD, passing through Marsiling Drive, Marsiling Lane, Marsiling Rise, Woodlands Ave 5 and Bras Basah Rd. It is the fifteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Morning trip departure timings will be adjusted, with a reduction of 1 trip from 29 May 2023.
|Route||[AM]: Marsiling Drive (Blk 32) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Mapletree Anson) → Marsiling Drive (Blk 203)
|Passes Through||Marsiling Lane, Marsiling Rise, Woodlands Ave 5, Bras Basah Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Shenton Way: 30.5 km||Towards Marsiling Dr: 30.7 km|
|Travelling Time||81 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Marsiling Dr
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:00 – 07:40|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:15 – 18:30|
|From Marsiling Dr
|From Anson Rd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 665 provides residents of Marsiling and Woodlands South with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Woodlands Ave 1 and Orchard Rd via SLE & CTE.
This is the fifteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
With the introduction of City Direct 665, Express Service 951E was amended to serve Woodlands Ave 5, skipping Woodlands Ave 1 and part of Woodlands Ave 4.
MRT Stations Served
- TE3 Woodlands South
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC3 Esplanade
- NS26EW14 Raffles Place
- TE19 Shenton Way
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Morning Peak from Marsiling Drive (Blk 32):
07:00, 07:10, 07:20, 07:30 & 07:40
- Evening Peak from Anson Road (Mapletree Anson):
18:15 & 18:30
Gallery (SMRT Buses)
Gallery (Tower Transit / Bus Hub)
- 12 Oct 2015 – 11 Oct 2017: Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd
- 12 Oct 2017 – 28 May 2021: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 29 May 2021 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2015 (12 Oct): Introduced between Marsiling Dr (Blk 32) and Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg) during morning peak hours and between Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) and Marsiling Dr (Blk 203) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the BSEP. Operated under Contract PT221B
- 2017 (12 Oct): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd under the Bulim Bus Package
- 2018 (09 Apr): Start of regular double deck bus deployments
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures
- 2021 (29 May): Operations transferred to SMRT Buses Ltd under the Woodlands Bus Package
- 2023 (29 May): Reduction in morning peak trip schedule
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|12 Oct 2015||07:15, 07:21, 07:27, 07:34 & 07:40||18:15 & 18:30|
|04 Jan 2016||07:10, 07:16, 07:21, 07:27, 07:34 & 07:40||18:15 & 18:30|
|09 Apr 2018||07:00, 07:08, 07:16, 07:24, 07:32 & 07:40||18:15 & 18:30|
|29 May 2023||07:00, 07:10, 07:20, 07:30 & 07:40||18:15 & 18:30|
Back to Bus Services
Back to City Direct Services
Back to Bus Articles
21 thoughts on “SMRT City Direct Bus Service 665”
Should have awarded to SMRT.
It did! It will transfer to SMRT Buses on 31 May 2021.
Hi… It will be good if another 665 bus (evening bus) starts at 6pm or 5.50 pm as 6.15 and 6.30 is too late for some of us.
24th December 2018
2nd bus arrive at 7.30 at Tekong Park (woodlands) which normally reach about 7.21am
Bus Number: SBS 3316X
Bus going super slow until 2 of 665 bus behind us has passby us and reach Dhobt Ghaut while we are still along CTE near bishan.
Please look into this as a few of us already late for work!