City Direct Service 665 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Marsiling, Woodlands and the CBD, passing through Marsiling Drive, Marsiling Lane, Marsiling Rise, Woodlands Ave 5 and Bras Basah Rd. It is the fifteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
||[AM]: Marsiling Dr (Blk 32) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Marsiling Dr (Blk 203)
|Passes Through||Marsiling Lane/Rise, Woodlands Ave 5, Bras Basah Rd|
|Route Length||30.6km (D1) | 30.8km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-Decker Buses
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Marsiling Dr
||0700 – 0740 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 6 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|8 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 665 provides residents of Marsiling and Woodlands South with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Woodlands Ave 1 and Orchard Rd via SLE & CTE.
This is the fifteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
With the introduction of City Direct 665, SMRT Express Service 951E was amended to service Woodlands Ave 5, skipping Woodlands Ave 1 and part of Woodlands Ave 4.
Additional AM Trip
Due to growing demand, a 6th AM forward trip was added from 4 Jan 2016. The first bus departure timing from Marsiling was brought forward from 0715hrs to 0710hrs, along with adjustment of other AM departure timings of City Direct 665.
Transfer of Operator
Tower Transit Singapore took over operations of City Direct 665 on 12 Oct 2017. Departure Timings remained the same for both the AM Peak and PM Peak.
2018 Capacity Upgrade
Due to growing demand, the fleet of City Direct 665 was upgraded to Double-Decker Buses from 09 April 2018. Morning departure timings from Marsiling Drive were also adjusted to 0700, 0708, 0716, 0724, 0732, 0740 from 0710, 0716, 0721, 0727, 0734, 0740.
MRT Stations Served:
- TE3 Woodlands South
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- NS26EW14 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- CC3 Esplanade
- DT21 Bencoolen
- AM Peak from Blk 32, Marsiling Drive: 0700hrs, 0708hrs, 0716hrs, 0724hrs, 0732hrs, 0740hrs
- PM Peak from Mapletree Anson, Anson Rd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
- 12 Oct 2015 – 11 Oct 2017: Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd
- 12 Oct 2017 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2015 (09 Feb): Tender for City Directs 661 to 665 announced; tender closes 09 Mar 2015.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 665 awarded to Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2015 (12 Oct): Launch of City Direct 665
- 2016 (4 Jan): Additional AM trip added, AM departure timings revised.
- 2017 (12 Oct): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd.
- 2018 (09 Apr): AM Trip Timings adjusted. Double-Decker Buses deployed.
External Links & References: