SMRT Intratown Service 912 is an Intratown service operating from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange and looping at both Woodlands Avenue 7 and Woodlands Centre Road, passing through Woodlands Drive 50, Woodlands Ring Road, Woodlands Avenue 1 and Woodlands Street 41. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Woodlands Temporary Interchange twice in a single trip, at separate boarding berths.
In addition, a route variant Service 912M operates supplementary trips during the peak hours, covering a shorter version of the West loop and looping at Woodlands St 41.
- Buses displaying Service “912” will continue to operate on the other loop after arriving at Woodlands Temp Int.
- Service 912A, 912B & 912E will terminate at Woodlands Temp Int.
|Service||SMRT Intratown Bus Service 912
||SMRT Bus Service 912A
||SMRT Bus Service 912B
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺
Woodlands Avenue 7 / Woodlands Centre Road (Loop)
|Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺
Woodlands Avenue 7 (Loop)
|Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺
Woodlands Centre Rd (Loop)
|Passes Through||Woodlands Dr 50, Ring Rd, Ave 6, Admiralty MRT,
Woodlands Temp Int, Ave 1, St 41, Centre Rd
|Woodlands Dr 50, Ring Rd, Ave 6, Admiralty MRT||Woodlands Ave 1, St 41, Centre Rd|
|Route Length||17.4 km||6.9 km||10.5 km|
|Travelling Time||75 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet|| 12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– MAN A24
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
|Departure Times from Woodlands||East Loop (Berth 4):
0530hrs – 0045hrs (Daily)
West Loop (Berth 6):
0600hrs – 0005hrs (Weekdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
0600hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays)
|0535hrs – 0100hrs (Daily)||0530hrs – 0110hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Loop Service||Loop Service||Loop Service|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 23 – 25 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 20 – 24 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 23 – 24 mins
After 1900hrs: 21 – 24 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 05 – 06 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 07 – 09 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 06 – 09 mins
After 1900hrs: 06 – 10 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 01 – 12 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 11 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 04 – 11 mins
After 1900hrs: 08 – 11 mins
Intratown Service 912 serves residential estates, schools and public amenities along Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Dr 50, Woodlands Ring Rd, Woodlands Ave 1, Woodlands St 42 and Woodlands Centre Rd, connecting them to transport nodes at Woodlands Regional Centre, which includes Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange & Woodlands MRT station. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhood 6 & 8 on the East Loop, and Neighbourhoods 3, 4 & Woodlands Centre on the West Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from residents in the area.
The route serves schools such as Woodlands Primary School, Woodlands Ring Secondary School, MINDS – Woodlands Gardens School, Si Ling Primary School, Fuchun Primary School, Fuchun Secondary School and Marsling Primary School. Other public amenities served include Woodlands Civic Centre, 888 Plaza, Woodlands Galaxy Community Centre (CC), Woodlands Town Garden and Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
Service 912 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the East Loop (Berth 4 – via Woodlands Ave 7) followed by the West Loop (Berth 6 – via Woodlands Centre Rd), while calling at Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange between loops. There are two separate queue berths at Woodlands Temporary Interchange for Service 912; passengers should check their direction of travel before boarding the bus. During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings will be extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
For arrival timings of Service 912 (cross loop) at specific bus stops, view our sub-article here.
Terminating trips are indicated as Service 912E and may operate on either loop, with the “E” indicating that the bus will terminate at Woodlands Temp Int.
In addition, a route variant Service 912M operates supplementary trips during the peak hours, covering a shorter version of the West loop and looping at Woodlands St 41
Former route variants
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service variant of this route, Service 912P, was introduced. It duplicates part of Service 912’s West loop and operates only during the peak hours. The service was renumbered to Service 912M from 1 September 2016 as part of the withdrawal of Peak Period Short Services.
MRT Stations Served:
- Service 912A: Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Avenue 7 (Loop)
- Service 912B: Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Centre Rd (Loop)
- Service 912M: Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Street 41 (Loop)
Weekdays: 0600hrs – 0800hrs & 1715hrs – 1915hrs
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 1996 (08 Dec): Merged from existing Feeder services 902 and 905, Intra-town service from Woodlands Regional Int to Woodlands Dr 50/Checkpoint Terminus (Loop)
- 1997: Extended to loop at Admiralty MRT station via Woodlands Ring Rd.
- 2003 (16 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Rd and Woodlands Ctr Rd, skipping Woodlands Checkpoint Bus Terminus.
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2016 (03 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 Sep): Peak Period Short Service 912P renumbered to 912M.
- 2017 (10 Sep): Service 912E discontinued, replaced with Service 912A for East Loop & Service 912B for West Loop
- 1996 (East Loop): Woodlands Reg Int, Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Dr 50, Woodlands Ave 4, Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Reg Int
- 1997 (East Loop): Current routing