SMRT Bus Service 962 is a trunk route from Woodlands Temporary Interchange and looping at Admiralty Street, passing through Woodands Avenue 5, 6, 7, Sembawang Cres and Sembawang Drive. The route serves housing estates around Woodlands, Admiralty and Sembawang, along with industries at Admiralty Street.
||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Admiralty Street (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodands Ave 5, 6, 7, Sembawang Cres, Sembawang Drive|
|Route Length||16.9 km|
|Travelling Time||65 – 70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Park (WPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands||0530hrs – 2345hrs (Weekdays, Saturday)
0545hrs – 2345hrs (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 10 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: 09 – 10 mins
Service 962 is a inter-town residential route running between Sembawang, Admiralty and Woodlands. The route serves Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Ave 6, Woodlands Ave 7, Sembawang Cres, Sembawang Dr and Admiralty St, with connections to Woodlands Regional Centre, Admiralty MRT, Sembawang Town Centre and other community amenities. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhoods 5, 7 & 8, and Sembawang Neighbourhoods 3 & 4.
The route serves schools such as Spectra Seconary School, Sembawang Secondary School, Canberra Secondary School and Northoaks Primary School. Other public amenities served include Mandai Tekong Park, Woodlands Galaxy Community Centre (CC), Canberra CC and Sun Plaza.
The route encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day as it serves many residential areas, and high capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis. In addition, the route also serves various industries along Admiralty Street. Double-deck buses made their debut on 10 September 2017.
MRT Stations Served:
- Service 962B: Sembawang Drive (Opp Sun Plaza) → Sembawang Drive (Sun Plaza)
Weekdays AM Peak: 0639hrs – 0939hrs | 29 – 31 mins frequency
Weekdays PM Peak hours | 26 – 34 mins frequency
- Service 962C: Woodlands Ave 5 (Blk 618) → Woodlands Ave 6 (Blk 680)
Weekdays: 0635hrs – 0752hrs | 8 – 9 mins frequency
- 2001 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2001 (24 Jun): Introduced between Woodlands Regional Int and Sembawang Dr (Loop)
- 2003 (Jun): Extended to loop at Admiralty St
- 2005 (29 May): Amended to ply Sembawang Way and Sembawang Cres instead of Gambas Ave and Sembawang Ave.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (23 Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2016 (03 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 Sep): Shortworking trip 962C introduced
- 2017 (10 Sep): Regular deployment of Double-Decker buses
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.