SMRT Bus Service 950 is a cross-border service plying between Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange and looping at JB Sentral Terminal in Johor Bahru, passing through Marsiling, Woodlands Centre, Woodlands Checkpoint and Sultan Iskandar CIQ. It is currently the only cross-border service operated by SMRT Buses.
Due to the Malaysia Movement Control Order (MCO), Service 950 will be suspended for the duration of the MCO period, starting 18 March 2020.
↺ Johor Bahru (Loop)
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ JB Sentral Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 3, Woodlands Ctr Rd, Woodlands CIQ, Sultan Iskandar CIQ|
|Route Length||24.4 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins+ in either direction (Subject to traffic conditions)|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22 (SPAD Registered)
|Departure Times from Woodlands (Temp Bus Int)
|05:30 – 23:30|
|Departure Times from JB Sentral
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|06:18 – 00:07||06:03 – 23:57||06:01 – 23:56|
|Departure Times from Johor Bahru Checkpoint (towards Woodlands)
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:15 – 00:18||05:15 – 00:12||05:50 – 00:11|
|11 – 12 mins||9 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins||11 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 950 is a cross-border route connecting Woodlands Regional Centre, Marsiling MRT and Woodlands Town Centre with the border town of Johor Bahru in Malaysia. The route experiences high demand throughout the day and is SMRT’s only cross-border service.
Due to varying traffic conditions at the Causeway, travel times and frequencies may increase significantly when traffic congestion occur.
Despite being a wheelchair-accessible service, wheelchairs are not allowed beyond Woodlands Checkpoint. Hence, wheelchair-bound passengers are currently unable to use this service to cross the border.
At each checkpoint, passengers have to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. When crossing the causeway between Woodlands Checkpoint and Johor Bahru Checkpoint in either direction, commuters may re-board Bus Service 950 to resume their ride.
Tapping out from the bus at a checkpoint will suspend a journey and allow the resumption of a journey afterwards. Cash paying passengers should retain their ticket as proof or payment, and produce it when re-boarding buses at checkpoints.
Only SPAD-registered single-deck buses are allowed on cross border routes. Currently, only some MAN NL323Fs are SPAD-registered. In accordance with Malaysian regulations, buses must carry relevant documents, fitted with a third brake light at the rear, and attached with Malaysian stickers dictating legal speed limit. Previously, some Mercedes-Benz O405s and OC500LEs were SPAD-registered as well.
MRT Stations Served
- Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru Checkpoint) → Woodlands Temp Int
Weekdays: Between 05:15 – 06:29
Saturdays: Between 05:15 – 06:14
Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:50 – 06:12
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2004 (19 Sep): Introduced as a cross-border service plying between Woodlands Regional Interchange in Singapore and Kotaraya II Terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- 2008 (16 Dec): Serves additional alighting only bus stop outside JB Sentral along Jln Tun Abdul Razak towards Kotaraya II Ter
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (01 Nov): Amended to loop at Jln Tun Abdul Razak with the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping bus stop along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2020 (18 Mar): Temporarily suspended due to Malaysia Movement Control Order.