SBS Transit Bus Service 11 is a trunk service from Lorong 1 Geylang and looping at Rhu Cross, via Stadium Cres / Drive. The route was extended to serve Tanjong Rhu under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) in June 2014.
↺ Rhu Cross (Loop)
- Service 11 serves Stadium Cres – Stadium Stn & Stadium Walk – Opp S’pore Indoor Stadium towards both Rhu Cross & Lorong 1 Geylang. Check the bus destination before boarding.
|Route||Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal ↺ Rhu Cross (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sims Way, Mountbatten Rd, Stadium Cres, Stadium Walk, Tanjong Rhu Rd|
|Route Length||10.5 km|
|Travelling Time||33 – 45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Lor 1 Geylang
|06:00 – 23:30|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||15 – 17 mins||15 – 19 mins||15 – 19 mins||15 – 25 mins|
|Saturdays||15 – 18 mins||17 – 19 mins||19 mins||17 – 22 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 – 18 mins||17 – 19 mins||18 – 20 mins||19 – 23 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 11 was introduced in 1990 to provide bus connections between Kallang MRT Station and Kallang Park. The area around Kallang Park was later developed with the completion of Singapore Indoor Stadium and Kallang Leisure Park. However, the demand for Service 11 remained low, as people used their own means of transport to get to Kallang Park. Furthermore, it was within walking distance of Mountbatten Road which had much better bus connections.
With the opening of Stadium MRT Station in April 2010, commuters preferred using the Circle Line to get to Kallang Park. The route continued to operate with very little demand, at frequencies up to half an hour until the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) in 2014.
In 2014, Service 11 was extended to loop at Rhu Cross via Tanjong Rhu under the BSEP. The route continued to serve Stadium twice in a single trip; towards Tanjong Rhu and towards Lorong 1 Geylang, and call at different bus stops along Stadium Crescent/Stadium Walk in different directions. It was made to serve both stops in both directions from 23 April 2017.
MRT Stations Served
- Rhu Cross (Opp Costa Rhu Condo) → Lorong 1 Geylang Ter
- 14 Apr 1990 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package.
- 1990 (14 Apr): Introduced between Lor 1 Geylang Ter and Stadium Blvd (Loop)
- 1994 (12 Jun): Amended to ply Stadium Rd before plying Stadium Blvd
- 2002 (08 Feb): Amended to ply Stadium Walk with the partial closure of Stadium Blvd to facilitate the construction of Stadium MRT station on the Circle MRT Line
- 2004 (20 Apr): Skips bus stop opposite Kallang Care Ctr along Mountbatten Rd
- 2005 (05 Jun): Amended to ply Sims Ave and Sims Way with the partial closure of southbound Mountbatten Rd
- 2005 (26 Jun): mended to ply Sims Way and Geylang Rd with the partial closure of northbound Mountbatten Rd
- 2006 (18 Feb): Amended to ply Stadium Cres with the full closure of Stadium Blvd to facilitate the construction of Stadium MRT station on the Circle MRT Line
- 2010 (29 Sep): Amended to ply Mountbatten Rd and Stadium Blvd with the closure of Stadium Rd to facilitate the construction of the Singapore Sports Hub
- 2014 (08 Jun): Extended to loop at Rhu Cross via Stadium Way bridge and Tanjong Rhu Road under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2017 (23 Apr): Serves bus stops outside and opposite Singapore Indoor Stadium along Stadium Cres/Walk in both directions