SBS Transit Bus Service 11 is a trunk service from Lorong 1 Geylang and looping at Rhu Cross, via Stadium Cres / Drive. The route was extended to serve Tanjong Rhu under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) in June 2014.
- Service 11 calls at Stadium Cres – S’pore Indoor Stadium & Stadium Walk – Opp S’pore Indoor Stadium towards both Rhu Cross & Geylang Lor 1.
||Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal ↺ Rhu Cross (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sims Way, Mountbatten Rd, Stadium Cres, Stadium Walk|
|Route Length||10.5 km|
|Travelling Time||33 – 45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Lor 1 Geylang
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 15 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 15 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 15 – 19 mins
After 1900: 15 – 18 mins
Service 11 was introduced in 1990 to provide bus connections between Kallang MRT Station and Kallang Park. The area around Kallang Park was later developed with the completion of Singapore Indoor Stadium and Kallang Leisure Park. However, the demand for Service 11 remained low, as people used their own means of transport to get to Kallang Park. Furthermore, it was within walking distance of Mountbatten Road which had much better bus connections.
With the opening of Stadium MRT Station in April 2010, commuters preferred using the Circle Line to get to Kallang Park. The route continued to operate with very little demand, at frequencies up to half an hour until the BSEP enhancement in 2014.
In 2014, Service 11 was amended to serve Tanjong Rhu as part of the BSEP. The route would continue to serve Stadium twice in a single trip; towards Tanjong Rhu and towards Lorong 1 Geylang, and call at different bus stops along Stadium Crescent/Stadium Walk in different directions. This brings about enhanced connectivity to Singapore Sports Hub.
From 23 April 2017, Service 11 was made to call at both S’pore Indoor Stadium and Opp S’pore Indoor Stadium bus stops towards Lor 1 Geylang as well as towards Rhu Cross, bringing convenience to commuters who do not need to cross the overhead pedestrian bridge to get to the bus stop across the road for their return journeys.
Service 11 is the second bus service to have received a route extension under the BSEP scheme, after Service 119. It is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 29 Sep 2014.
MRT Stations Served:
- Rhu Cross (Opp Costa Rhu Condo) → Lorong 1 Geylang
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 14 Apr 1990 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 1990 (14 Apr): Introduced by SBS as Lorong 1 Geylang – Kallang Sports Complex (Loop)
- 1994 (12 Jun): Amended to ply Nicoll Highway and Stadium Dr in the direction of Kallang Sports Complex
- 2002 (8 Feb): Amended to Stadium Walk due to the construction of Circle MRT Line
- 2005 (5 Jun): Amended to southbound Sims Way
- 2005 (2 Jul): Amended to northbound Sims Way
- 2006 (18 Feb): Amended to ply full stretch of Stadium Cres, skipping Stadium Walk & Stadium Blvd due to road closures for the construction of Circle MRT Line
- 2010 (29 Sep): Amended to u-turn at Stadium Walk/Cres with the closure of Stadium Rd due to the construction of Singapore Sports Hub, plying Mountbatten Rd and Stadium Blvd in both directions
- 2014 (08 Jun): Extended to loop at Rhu Cross, via Stadium Way bridge and Tanjong Rhu Road. Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2017 (23 Apr): Serves bus stops outside S’pore Indoor Stadium & Opp S’pore Indoor Stadium in both directions
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.