SMRT Bus Service 184 is a trunk route from Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Park and looping at Clementi MRT, passing through Cashew, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Clementi Avenue 2/5 and Clementi MRT.
Bus Service 184 will be extended to Start & End along Woodlands Road from 23 Jan 2021.
- No boarding and alighting at Bt Panjang Temporary Bus Pk.
|Route||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↺ Commonwealth Avenue West (Loop)
[From 23 Jan 2021] Woodlands Road ↺ Commonwealth Avenue West (Loop)
|Passes Through||Bt Panjang Rd, Cashew Rd, Upp Bt Timah Rd, Clementi Rd|
|Route Length||22.7 km|
|Traveling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Majority of buses park at: Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
18-metre Articulated Bus
– MAN A24
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang Bus Park
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:40 – 23:00||05:55 – 23:00|
|Loop Service||6 – 8 mins||6 – 9 mins||6 – 9 mins||7 – 11 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 184 serves between Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk and Clementi, via Upper Bukit Timah Road and Clementi Road. The route provides bus connections to many institutions along the Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving residents of Clementi Avenue 5 and Cashew estates to nearby Clementi and Bukit Panjang Town Centres respectively.
This service is one of three bus routes providing the exceedingly high-demand sector between Clementi MRT and SIM/Ngee Ann Poly prior to the opening of King Albert Park MRT Station, alongside Service 52 and 154. Much of the demand on this route is from students commuting from Clementi/Bukit Panjang to Clementi Road. As such, demand is moderate to high during the day.
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- 1994 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1994 (03 Jul): Introduced between Bt Panjang Ter and Commonwealth Ave West (Loop)
- 1995 (02 Jul): Operations transferred to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to Bt Panjang Int
- 2003 (12 Oct): Serves the bus stop opposite Bt Timah Plaza along Jln Anak Bt with the abolition of the bus stop under the PIE Flyover
- 2010 (23 May): Skips temporarily abolished bus stop outside Assumption Voc Inst along Upp Bt Timah Rd to facilitate the construction of Cashew MRT station along the Downtown MRT Line
- 2011 (03 Jul): Serves additional pair of bus stops opposite Ministry of Defence and before Cashew Rd along Upp Bt Timah Rd
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to start from and terminate at Bt Panjang Rd with the opening of Bt Panjang Temp Bus Pk and the closure of Bt Panjang Int
- 2015 (01 Mar): Serves reinstated bus stop outside Assumption Pathway Sch along Upp Bt Timah Rd, skipping a pair of bus stops opposite Ministry of Defence and before Cashew Rd
- 2017 (04 Sep): Serves additional pair of bus stops outside and opposite Ten Mile Junction Stn along Woodlands Rd
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2021 (23 Jan): Extended along Woodlands Road to start at Aft KJE Slip Rd and terminate at Opp Blk 635A