Peak Period Short Service 285P is a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) from Clementi Int and looping at West Coast Road, passing through Clementi Avenue 3 and Avenue 2. Operating during weekday peak hours, it runs alongside Feeder 285 and alleviates crowding on high-demand sectors during peak hours.
Peak Period Short Service 285P was withdrawn on 30 Dec 2016. The last day of operations was on 29 Dec 2016.
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ West Coast Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Clementi Ave 3, Ave 2|
|Current Operator||Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Clementi
AM Peak: 0600hrs – 0800hrs
PM Peak: 1715hrs – 1915hrs
|0630-0830: ~12 mins
1700-1930: ~12 mins
After 1930: —
Service 285P duplicates the residential portion of Feeder 285, serving between Clementi MRT / Interchange and West Coast Road. Operated using private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 285. It is the 10th PPSS service to be introduced, commencing operations on Tuesday, 30 December 2014.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
With the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM), PPSS 285P will be withdrawn from 30 Dec 2016 when the 2-year contract with Bus-Plus expires. Additional trips for Bus Service 285 will be added to replace this service. More information at Changes to PPSS.
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
Fleet: Service 285P′s fleet fully comprises private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
- 30 Dec 2014 – 29 Dec 2016: Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2014 (25 Feb): Tender for PPSS 285P opens
- 2014 (14 Oct): Tender for PPSS 285P awarded to Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2014 (30 Dec): Introduced as a PPSS route from Clementi Int and looping at West Coast Road under the BSEP.
- 2016 (30 Dec): Route withdrawn. Last day of operations on 29 Dec 2016.
External Links & References:
- Five More Peak Period Short Services to be Launched Progressively from End 2014 – Less Crowding, Shorter Waiting Times for Feeder Bus Services