SMRT Feeder Service 302 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Interchange and looping at Choa Chu Kang Crescent, serving Choa Chu Kang Way, Choa Chu Kang Street 52 and Yew Tee MRT.
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Choa Chu Kang Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Street 52, Yew Tee MRT|
|Route Length||8.1 km|
|Travelling Time||35 – 40 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– MAN A22
12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
18-metre Articulated Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
– MAN A24
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0530 – 0055 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 03 – 05 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 06 mins
1700-1900: 04 – 06 mins
After 1900: 06 – 10 mins
Feeder Service 302 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Choa Chu Kang Way, Choa Chu Kang St 52, Choa Chu Kang Dr, Choa Chu Kang North 7 and Choa Chu Kang Cres, connecting them to Choa Chu Kang Town Centre and Yew Tee MRT. Its primary area of service is Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 5 and 6.
The route serves schools such as Kranji Secondary School, De La Salle School and Unity Primary School. It also serves community amenities such as Limbang Shopping Centre, Yew Tee Point and Yew Tee Community Centre.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1993, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1999 when areas of responsibility were exchanged between SBS and TIBS, which has since been re-branded to SMRT. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand for residents.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
On 08 Jan 2017, a SMRT Bendy Bus (TIB1214B) plying Service 302 was involved in an accident with a car in Yew Tee, leaving the damaged bus stuck on a pavement. The incident unfolded outside Block 689B and near the junction between Choa Chu Kang Drive and Choa Chu Kang Cres. More details at our write up regarding the incident.
MRT Stations Served:
- Choa Chu Kang Drive (Yew Tee Stn) → Choa Chu Kang Int
0520hrs – 0535hrs (Daily), PM Peak Hours (Weekdays only)
Short Trip Service
- Service 302A: Choa Chu Kang Drive (Yew Tee Stn) → Choa Chu Kang Drive (opp Yew Tee Stn)
Weekdays: 0600hrs – 0900hrs, 1700hrs – 2000hrs
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. Refer to Bus Fares.
- 1993 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced as Choa Chu Kang Int – Choa Chu Kang St 52 (Loop)
- 1994: Extended to loop at Choa Chu Kang St 62
- 1998: Extended to loop at Choa Chu Kang Crescent, serving Yew Tee MRT in both directions and omitting Choa Chu Kang St 62.
- 1999 (29 Aug): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (03 Feb): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2014 (15 Sep): Shortworking Trip 302A introduced
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (03 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange & Start of regular double-decker bus deployments
- 1993: CCK Int, CCK Way, CCK North 5, CCK Way, CCK Int
- 1994: CCK Int, CCK Way, CCK North 5, CCK St 52, CCK Dr, CCK St 62, CCK St 52, CCK north 5, CCK Way, CCK Int
- 1998: CCK Int, CCK Way, CCK North 5, CCK St 52, CCK Dr, CCK North 7, CCK Cres, CCK North 7, CCK Dr, CCK St 52, CCK north 5, CCK Way, CCK Int
- Last route change as of 1998