Premium Bus Service 548 was a premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 to Fullerton Road. The route passed through Ang Mo Kio Street 52, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, CTE and Cecil Street, operating two trips towards the city in the morning. This premium service was formally operated by SBS Transit.
Premium 548 was withdrawn on 1 Jan 2022.
||Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 (Blk 604) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio St 52, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, CTE, Cecil St|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|Former Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
||0750hrs – 0805hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||Flat Fare: $4.20
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 548 served the housing estates of Ang Mo Kio Neighborhoods 4, 5 and 6 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT to reach the city. Steady increase of demand would lead to the increase of buses deployed, from one trip in 2008 to four trips in 2011, the most number of trips for any SBS Transit Premium service.
In 2013, City Direct 652 was launched between Ang Mo Kio and Shenton Way, which had a slight impact on the demand of Premium 548 as a more affordable alternative.
Two additional morning trips were added with the change of operator from SBS Transit Ltd to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd, owing to a fleet capacity downgrade from a double-decker bus to a high floor private coach. In addition, new evening trips would be implemented from the CBD back to Ang Mo Kio.
Change Of Operator
From 13 Jul 2015, Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd took over SBS Transit Ltd as the operator for Premium 548. In recent years, SBS Transit has been transferring operations of premium bus services to private operators, despite being profitable.
With the new operator, bus trip timings were revised to:
- 0740hrs, 0745hrs, 0750hrs, 0755hrs, 0800hrs & 0805hrs from Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 and
- 1820hrs and 1835hrs from Collyer Quay for new PM trips
AM trips were later cut to 5 and PM trips were withdrawn from 8 August 2016.
- From Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Blk 604): 0750hrs & 0805hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.20. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
- 25 Feb 2008 – 10 Jul 2015: SBS Transit Ltd
- 13 Jul 2015 – 31 Dec 2021: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- 2008 (25 Feb): Introduced by SBS Transit Ltd as a Premium Service from Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (19 Apr): Second departure introduced at 0750hrs
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2011 (19 Dec): Third and fourth departures added at 0745hrs and 0755hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2015 (13 Jul): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. 2 additional morning trips and 2 new evening return trips implemented.
- 2016 (08 Aug): Morning trips cut to 5 (previously 6); Evening trips withdrawn
- 2018 (11 Jul): Morning trips cut to 4
- 2020: Reduced to 2 morning trips
- 2022 (01 Jan): Service Withdrawn
External Links & References:
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
One thought on “[Defunct] Premium Bus Service 548”
Just to feedback on the premium bus service 548.
I missed the bus on a few occassions when i was already at the bus stand.
The bus driver would just drives in to the bus stand and will only slow down without even looking if there are passenger waiting.
By the time i rose up from my seat at the bus stand, it droves off.
I think i am not the only one having to face such.
Was it a waste of time even if the bus was to literary stop a while and see if there are people waiting?