SBS Transit City Direct Service 652 is a Weekday Peak Hour City Direct service between Ang Mo Kio and the CBD, passing through CTE, Orchard Road and Fullerton Road. It is the second City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
City Direct 652 is operated by SBS Transit from 6 Sep 2021.
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
|Route||[AM]: Upper Thomson Road (Opp Sembawang Hills FC) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Mapletree Anson) → Upper Thomson Road (Bef Sembawang Hills FC)
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Bras Basah Rd / Stamford Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Shenton Way: 18.9 km||Towards Upp Thomson Rd: 18.7 km|
|Travelling Time||57 – 64 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus|
|Departure Times from Upp Thomson Rd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:25 – 07:50|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:10 – 18:25|
|From Upp Thomson Rd
||8 – 9 mins|
|From Anson Rd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 652 provides residents of Thomson and Ang Mo Kio with greater connectivity to the CBD. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 and Orchard Road via Central Expressway (CTE). Some bus stops along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (near Ang Mo Kio MRT) are skipped to avoid duplication of the MRT line.
This is the second City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten proposed City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
MRT Stations Served
- TE6 Mayflower
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- NS26EW14 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Morning Peak from Upper Thomson Road (Opp Sembawang Hills FC):
07:25, 07:33, 07:41 & 07:50
- Evening Peak from Anson Road (Mapletree Anson):
18:10 & 18:25
Gallery (SMRT Buses / Ren Quan Transport)
- 06 Jan 2014 – 03 Jan 2020: Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd
- 06 Jan 2020 – 03 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 06 Sep 2021 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 2014 (06 Jan): Introduced between Upp Thomson Rd (Opp Sembawang Hills FC) and Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg) during morning peak hours and between Anson Rd (Hub Synergy Pt) and Upp Thomson Rd (Bef Sembawang Hills FC) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). Operated under Contract VT387C.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Serves new staggered bus stop outside Mapletree Anson along Anson Rd, skipping the bus stop outside Hub Synergy Pt
- 2020 (06 Jan): Operations transferred to SMRT Buses Ltd under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package. Morning trips reduced with the deployment of Double Decker Buses
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2021 (06 Sep): Operations transferred to SBS Transit from SMRT Buses under the Seletar Bus Package
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|06 Jan 2014||07:35 & 07:45||18:10 & 18:25|
|17 Mar 2014||07:30, 07:40 & 07:50||18:10 & 18:25|
|14 Jul 2014||07:30, 07:36, 07:43 & 07:50||18:10 & 18:25|
|19 Jan 2015||07:25, 07:31, 07:37, 07:43 & 07:50||18:10 & 18:25|
|25 Jun 2018||07:25, 07:30, 07:35, 07:40, 07:45 & 07:50||18:10 & 18:25|
|06 Jan 2020||07:25, 07:33, 07:41 & 07:50||18:10 & 18:25|