City Direct Service 654 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Sengkang and the CBD, passing through Rivervale Drive, KPE and Shenton Way. It is the fourth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
SBS Transit operates City Direct Bus Service 654 from 22 July 2019. Check out Transfer of Operators for City Direct services for more information.
||[AM]: Anchorvale Street (Blk 336B) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Mapletree Anson) → Anchorvale Street (Blk 330)
|Passes Through||Compassvale St, Rivervale Dr|
|Route Length||21.2km (D1) | 20.6km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||57 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-meter Single-Deck Buses
– MAN A22 (Euro 6)
|Departure Times from Anchorvale St
||0730hrs – 0755hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 6 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1820hrs – 1835hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 3 Trips|
|5 mins||7 – 8 mins|
City Direct service 654 provides residents of Sengkang with greater connectivity to the CBD. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Rivervale Drive and Marina Bay via KPE, ECP and Sheares Avenue.
This is the fourth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten proposed City Direct bus routes progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- AM Peak from Anchorvale Street (Blk 336B): 0730hrs, 0735hrs, 0740hrs, 0745hrs, 0750hrs, 0755hrs
- PM Peak from Anson Road (Mapletree Anson): 1820hrs, 1827hrs, 1835hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares.
- 20 Jan 2014 – 19 Jan 2017: Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd
- 20 Jan 2017 – 19 Jul 2019: BT&Tan Transport Service
- 22 Jul 2019 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2014 (20 Jan): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Sengkang to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:35am and 7:50am, and weekday evenings at 6:20pm and 6:35pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2014 (14 Jul): Third morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:35am, 7:45am and 7:55am.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2015 (02 Nov): Fourth morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:30am, 7:38am, 7:47am and 7:55am
- 2016 (18 Jan): Operating contract for City Direct 654 by Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd extended by one more year.
- 2016 (13 Jun): Fifth morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:30am, 7:36am, 7:42am, 7:49am & 7:55am.
- 2017 (20 Jan): Transfer of operations to BT&Tan Transport Service.
- 2018 (12 Jun): Sixth morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:30am, 7:35am, 7:40am, 7:45am, 7:50am & 7:55am.
Third evening trip added, departure times from Anson Road revised to 6:20pm, 6:27pm & 6:35pm
- 2019 (22 Jul): Transferred operations to SBS Transit.