SBS Transit Bus Service 90 is a trunk route from Toa Payoh Int and looping at Airport Road, passing through Jalan Toa Payoh and MacPherson Rd.
||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Airport Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jln Toa Payoh, MacPherson Rd|
|Route Length||16.3 km|
|Traveling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 11 mins
After 1900: 17 – 18 mins
Service 90 plies between Toa Payoh and Paya Lebar Airbase, providing bus connections to staff working at industries along Airport Road along with Service 94. Demand is concentrated around the peak hours, with large numbers of split-shift buses catering towards the office crowds.
The service also connects the whole of MacPherson Road to Toa Payoh along with Service 8. Double decks have been deployed since 2013.
MRT Station Served
- NS19 Toa Payoh
- Airport Rd (Bef RSAF Roundabout) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 1624hrs, 1638hrs
Saturdays: 1209hrs, 1224hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 90A: Toa Payoh Int → Airport Rd (Paya Lebar Air Base)
Weekdays, except Public Holidays: 0608hrs, 0623hrs, 0637hrs, 0700hrs, 0723hrs, 0735hrs, 0821hrs, 0833hrs & 0850hrs
Saturdays: 0610hrs & 0630hrs
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 1993 (23 May): Introduced as Toa Payoh – Airport Rd (Loop).
- 1998 (31 May): Terminus relocated to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (04 Sep): No longer calls at the bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.