Resorts World Sentosa Bus Service RWS8 is a shuttle bus route running between Resorts World Sentosa and HarbourFront, operating in a loop fashion and looping at Telok Blangah Road. It is currently operated by Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd.
Due to the Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures, RWS8 will operate at reduced operating hours (6am – 9am & 6pm – 9pm daily) from 7 April 2020 until further notice.
||Resorts World Sentosa ↺ Telok Blangah Road (Loop)|
|Route Length||7.0 km|
|Travelling Time||20 mins|
|Current Operator||Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Zhongtong LCK6125HQGA|
|Departure Times from Resorts World Sentosa
||0545 – 2345 (Daily)|
|05 – 10 mins|
Bus Service RWS8 is a shuttle route between Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) on Sentosa Island and HarbourFront on the mainland. The route links the transport node of HarbourFront (with MRT and plenty of bus connections) with Resorts World Sentosa, operating with high frequencies and affordable fares. The route charges a flat fare of $1.00, inclusive of the Sentosa admission fee.
The service is operated on a contract currently awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd, with staff and visitors to RWS relying on the route as the main connection between HarbourFront MRT and RWS on a daily basis. The number “8” was most likely chosen on auspicious grounds. SMRT Buses used to operate this service from 9th January 2010 to 30th June 2016.
During special days and festive events, more buses will be added to cope with increase in passenger demand. Operating hours may be extended accordingly.
Initially operating on a full Mercedes-Benz OC500LE fleet in its early years, RWS8 under SMRT Buses uses various 12-metre rigid buses from Ang Mo Kio Depot. Well known to be the most leisurely route to drive, the timetable offers bus drivers a 10-minute layover between 20-minute trips.
Change of Operator
On 1 July 2016, the operator for RWS8 was changed from SMRT Buses Ltd to Tong Tar Transport. With the change in operator, the operating hours for the route was extended to start at 0545hrs instead of 0600hrs. Fares for this bus service for inbound rides to Resorts World Sentosa was also reduced to $1.00, from $2.00. The route frequency was also improved to 5 – 10 mins.
The employee route variant, RWS8 Staff, was also withdrawn on 1 July 2016. Affected staff members will have to ride the normal RWS8 bus, but can enjoy free travel by flashing his/her staff pass to the driver upon boarding.
MRT Station Served
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
A flat fare of $1.00 for inbound trip (inclusive of Sentosa admission charges), paid by EZ-Link Card or Cash.
Outbound rides from Resorts World Sentosa are free.
Concessionary fares are not applicable to this service.
RWS Staff Members travel for free by flashing their Staff Pass to the driver upon boarding the bus.
- RWS Basement → Telok Blangah Road (HarbourFront Stn/Vivocity)
Weekends & Public Holiday Nights
On weekend and public holiday nights, additional private coaches will also be deployed on RWS8, ferrying passengers on the free sector from RWS Basement to Vivocity only. This helps ease the outflow of people from Sentosa in addition to the buses deployed on RWS8 which perform the full loop.
RWS8 Staff was withdrawn on 01 July 2016.
Service RWS8 Staff was mainly operated by Hui Leong Bus Transport Services, with some daily scheduled crossover trips by SMRT Buses from RWS8. The RWS Employee was required to show his/her RWS Staff Pass before boarding this service from HarbourFront Station bus stop along Telok Blangah Road.
Fare: Free (Only for employees of RWS)
|RWS8 Staff: Telok Blangah Rd ↺ RWS Basement 2 (Loop)
- 2010 (09 Jan): Introduced between Resorts World Sentosa and HarbourFront, weeks ahead of the resort’s opening date.
– Public RWS8 operated by SMRT Buses, RWS8 Staff co-operated by Hui Leong Bus and SMRT Buses
– Charges a flat fare of $2 (Ez-link / Cash)
– Operating hours: 0600 – 2345 daily
- 2016 (01 Jul): Operations transferred from SMRT Buses Ltd & Hui Leong Bus Transport Services to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd.
– Route variant RWS8 Staff withdrawn.
– Fare reduced to $1 from $2.
– Operating hours extended to 0545 – 2345 daily, from 0600 – 2345 daily.
- 2020 (7 Apr till 30 July): Reduced operating hours due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures: 6am–9am & 6pm–9pm daily
- 09 Jan 2010 – 30 Jun 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd (RWS8) & Hui Leong Bus Transport Services (RWS8 Staff)
- 01 July 2016 onwards: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd