NUS Internal Shuttle Bus AA1 was a former NUS Internal Shuttle Bus route, connecting NUS Zone A with Kent Ridge MRT Station. Operating from 20 July 2020 to 5 December 2020, ISB Route AA1 was offered in line with NUS’ zoning strategy, ensuring that each zone had a direct ISB service to Kent Ridge MRT station and other key facilities.
Under NUS’ zoning strategy as part of COVID-19 measures, the University was divided into five zones: A, B, C, D, E. Staff and students assigned to a particular zone were not allowed to cross into other zones, but were permitted into designated neutral zones (e.g. school accommodation, studios, sports facilities and student support facilities) subject to access restrictions.
Service AA1 was offered for NUS students and staff allocated to Zone A.
Zone A covered areas around the west edge of NUS’ Kent Ridge Campus, including UTown. Faculties and institutions within Zone A include:
- Faculty of Engineering (FOE)
- School of Design & Environment (SDE)
- Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music (YSTCM)
- Temasek Laboratories (T-Lab)
- University Cultural Centre (UCC) / NUS Museum
- Information Technology (IT)
- Runme Shaw CFA Studios
- Yusof Ishak House
- University Town
- Yale-NUS College
- School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE)
- University Scholars Programme (USP)
- Raffles Hall
- University Town Residences (UTR)
- University Town Residential Colleges
- Kent Vale Housing
To board the bus, students were required to present their uNivUS safety profile to the Bus Captain. The uNivUS mobile app indicated the activity zone and the days on which a student was allowed on campus.
Commuters are reminded to be socially responsible, maintain good safe distancing and comply with the following measures when taking the ISB:
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from other commuters while waiting for the bus.
- Only commuters with approved identifications will be allowed to board the ISB.
- Keep to your designated zone.
- Commuters are to board from the front bus entrance and alight from the back exit door of the buses.
- Commuters are to adhere to spaces marked out for sitting or standing in the buses and at the bus-stops, where possible, especially during the off-peak.
- The bus captain reserves the right to reject a commuter from boarding if the commuter does not wear a mask, is deemed not to be feeling well or if the bus is packed.
- Commuters are required to wear a mask at all times and refrain from talking.
- 2020 (20 Jul): Introduced in line with NUS’ zoning strategy amid the COVID-19 pandemic, serving Zone A.
- 2020 (06 Dec): NUS ISB network reverted to pre-COVID routes; service withdrawn
Back to NUS Shuttle Bus Services