NUS Internal Shuttle Bus AA1 connects NUS Zone A with Kent Ridge MRT Station. In effect from 20 July 2020, this shuttle bus operates in line with NUS’ zoning strategy so as to ensure that each zone has a direct ISB service to Kent Ridge MRT station and other key facilities.
Under NUS’ zoning strategy as part of COVID-19 measures, the University is divided into five zones: A, B, C, D, E. Staff and students assigned to a particular zone are not allowed to cross into other zones, but are permitted into designated neutral zones (e.g. school accommodation, studios, sports facilities and student support facilities) subject to access restrictions.
Service AA1 is offered for NUS students and staff allocated to Zone A.
Zone A covers areas around the west edge of NUS’ Kent Ridge Campus, including UTown. Faculties and institutions within Zone A include:
- Faculty of Engineering (FOE)
- School of Design & Environment (SDE)
- Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music (YSTCM)
- Temasek Laboratories (T-Lab)
- University Cultural Centre (UCC) / NUS Museum
- Information Technology (IT)
- Runme Shaw CFA Studios
- Yusof Ishak House
- University Town
- Yale-NUS College
- School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE)
- University Scholars Programme (USP)
- Raffles Hall
- University Town Residences (UTR)
- University Town Residential Colleges
- Kent Vale Housing
Commuters are reminded to be socially responsible, maintain good safe distancing and comply with the following measures when taking the ISB:
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from other commuters while waiting for the bus.
- Only commuters with approved identifications will be allowed to board the ISB.
- Keep to your designated zone.
- Commuters are to board from the front bus entrance and alight from the back exit door of the buses.
- Commuters are to adhere to spaces marked out for sitting or standing in the buses and at the bus-stops, where possible, especially during the off-peak.
- The bus captain reserves the right to reject a commuter from boarding if the commuter does not wear a mask, is deemed not to be feeling well or if the bus is packed.
- Commuters are required to wear a mask at all times and refrain from talking.
Back to NUS Shuttle Bus Services