NUS Internal Shuttle Bus BB was a former NUS Internal Shuttle Bus route, connecting NUS Zone B with Kent Ridge MRT Station. Operating from 20 July 2020 to 5 December 2020, ISB Route BB was offered in line with NUS’ zoning strategy, ensuring that each zone had a direct ISB service to Kent Ridge MRT station and other key facilities.
Under NUS’ zoning strategy as part of COVID-19 measures, the University was divided into five zones: A, B, C, D, E. Staff and students assigned to a particular zone were not allowed to cross into other zones, but were permitted into designated neutral zones (e.g. school accommodation, studios, sports facilities and student support facilities) subject to access restrictions.
Service BB was offered for NUS students and staff allocated to Zone B.
Zone B covered areas around Lower Kent Ridge Road. Faculties and institutions within Zone B include:
- Faculty of Science (FOS)
- Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSOM)
- Saw Swee Hock School Of Public Health (SSHSPH)
- Faculty of Dentistry (FOD)
- NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS)
- National University Health System (NUHS)
- Life Sciences Institute (LSI)
- Tropical Marine Science Institute (TMSI)
- Centre For Remote Imaging Sensing & Processing (CRISP)
- Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT)
- Cancer Science Institute (CSI)
- Global Asia Institute (GAI)
- Medical Library
- Science Library
- University Hall
- King Edward VII Hall
- Ridge View Residential College
To board the bus, students were required to present their uNivUS safety profile to the Bus Captain. The uNivUS mobile app indicated the activity zone and the days on which a student was allowed on campus.
Commuters are reminded to be socially responsible, maintain good safe distancing and comply with the following measures when taking the ISB:
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from other commuters while waiting for the bus.
- Only commuters with approved identifications will be allowed to board the ISB.
- Keep to your designated zone.
- Commuters are to board from the front bus entrance and alight from the back exit door of the buses.
- Commuters are to adhere to spaces marked out for sitting or standing in the buses and at the bus-stops, where possible, especially during the off-peak.
- The bus captain reserves the right to reject a commuter from boarding if the commuter does not wear a mask, is deemed not to be feeling well or if the bus is packed.
- Commuters are required to wear a mask at all times and refrain from talking.
- 2020 (20 Jul): Introduced in line with NUS’ zoning strategy amid the COVID-19 pandemic, serving Zone B.
- 2020 (06 Dec): NUS ISB network reverted to pre-COVID routes; service withdrawn
Back to NUS Shuttle Bus Services