NUS Internal Shuttle Bus CCX links NUS’ University Town and Kent Ridge MRT Station with no intermediate stops. This service operates on School Term Saturdays only.
NUS Internal Shuttle Bus CCX was a former NUS Internal Shuttle Bus route, connecting NUS’ University Town and Kent Ridge MRT Station with no intermediate stops. The route operated from 8 August 2020 to 5 December 2020 (only during School Term Saturdays) and was offered in line with NUS’ zoning strategy, operating alongside NUS ISB CC.
Under NUS’ zoning strategy as part of COVID-19 measures, the University was divided into five zones: A, B, C, D, E. Staff and students assigned to a particular zone were not allowed to cross into other zones, but were permitted into designated neutral zones (e.g. school accommodation, studios, sports facilities and student support facilities) subject to access restrictions.
Service CCX was primarily intended for NUS students and staff allocated to Zone C institutions, but residing on campus at University Town (Zone A). By skipping all of Zone C (which spans the southern edge of NUS’ Kent Ridge Campus), the route offered Zone C residents at UTown with a faster means of commuting to and from Kent Ridge MRT on Saturdays.
However, since residents on campus could take ISB routes corresponding to their residential zone, these Zone C residents could also take ISB Route AA1 and AA2 to and from Kent Ridge MRT station, thereby overlapping with Service CCX’s catchment areas. As a result, the route often encounters weak demand.
Commuters are reminded to be socially responsible, maintain good safe distancing and comply with the following measures when taking the ISB:
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from other commuters while waiting for the bus.
- Only commuters with approved identifications will be allowed to board the ISB.
- Keep to your designated zone.
- Commuters are to board from the front bus entrance and alight from the back exit door of the buses.
- Commuters are to adhere to spaces marked out for sitting or standing in the buses and at the bus-stops, where possible, especially during the off-peak.
- The bus captain reserves the right to reject a commuter from boarding if the commuter does not wear a mask, is deemed not to be feeling well or if the bus is packed.
- Commuters are required to wear a mask at all times and refrain from talking.
- 2020 (20 Jul): Introduced in line with NUS’ zoning strategy amid the COVID-19 pandemic, serving Zone C.
- 2020 (06 Dec): NUS ISB network reverted to pre-COVID routes; service withdrawn
Back to NUS Shuttle Bus Services