Premium Bus Service 553 is a Premium service operated by APT Travel from Tampines Avenue 9 to Fullerton Road. The route passes through Tampines Avenue 7, 4 and 5, ECP and Robinson Road, operating one trip in the morning.
Operations for Premium Bus Service 553 has been transferred to APT Travel Pte Ltd from 03 Jan 2017.
|Route||Tampines Avenue 9 (Opp Blk 721) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 7/4/5, ECP, Robinson Rd|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|Current Operator||APT Travel Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Tampines Ave 9
Premium 553 serves the housing estates of Tampines Neighborhoods 1, 2 ,4 and 9 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. One of three former SBS Transit Premium services in Tampines, it provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on feeder buses and the MRT to reach the city. From 03 Jan 2017, Premium 553 will be operated by APT Travel Pte Ltd.
- From Tampines Ave 9 (Opp Blk 721): 0743hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
|Boarding Stops in Tampines||Alighting Stops in CBD|
- 1 Apr 2008 – 30 Dec 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 3 Jan 2017 onwards: APT Travel Pte Ltd
- 2008 (1 Apr): Introduced as a Premium Service from Tampines Ave 9 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to APT Travel Pte Ltd. No longer wheelchair accessible.
- 2018 – Extended along Tampines Ave 9