Premium Bus Service 554 is a Premium service operated by Tan Bus Transport from Tampines Avenue 4 to Fullerton Road. The route passes through Tampines Avenue 3, Tampines Street 84 / 83, ECP and Robinson Road, operating three trips in the morning.
Operations for SBS Transit Premium 554 was transferred to Tan Bus Transport from 29 Aug 2016 with an additional AM Trip.
|Route||Tampines Avenue 4 (Blk 945) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 3 / St 84 / St 83, ECP, Robinson Rd|
|Current Operator||Tan Bus Transport|
|Departure Times from Tampines||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays)|
Premium 554 serves the housing estates of Tampines Neighborhoods 7, 8 and 9 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. One of three SBS Transit Premium services in Tampines, it provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT and feeder bus routes to reach the city.
Express 513, introduced in 2012 under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme, provides a cheaper alternative route from Tampines West to Shenton Way, charging only express fares. Much of its catchment area is shared with Premium 554, which has reduced the demand for this service.
Two trips are operated in the mornings under SBS Transit, departing Tampines Avenue 4 (Blk 945) at 7:35am and 7:45am on weekdays.
Takeover by Tan Bus Transport
From 29 Aug 2016, Tan Bus Transport will take over operations of Premium 554 from SBS Transit Ltd. With the downsized fleet from Double-Decker buses to Private Buses, an additional trip will be added to cater to the existing demand.
The revised departure timings from 29 Aug 2016 will be as follows:
From Tampines Ave 4: 0730hrs, 0740hrs, 0750hrs.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
- 2008 (1 Apr): Introduced as a Premium Service from Tampines Ave 4 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2010 (20 Sep): Second departure introduced at 0735hrs
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Tan Bus Transport with additional AM Trips
- 1 Apr 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: Tan Bus Transport